Popular Tags: [View All]
Always bring your towel.
United States
Morrilton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Acidic Crawler states: if an opponent has the most constructs, then they destroy all of their constructs. If all opponents are tied for most constructs, they lose all of them. But if you have the most, then nothing happens. All well and good, but what if EVERYONE is tied? In the context of the card, I am not my opponent(s), so what happens then?

When I played with my wife, we decided to leave it up to a coin flip since there are no clarifications I could find on such short notice, and the coin decided we both lose everything. But what is SUPPOSED to happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesjunkie wrote:
The Acidic Crawler states: if an opponent has the most constructs, then they destroy all of their constructs. If all opponents are tied for most constructs, they lose all of them. But if you have the most, then nothing happens. All well and good, but what if EVERYONE is tied? In the context of the card, I am not my opponent(s), so what happens then?

When I played with my wife, we decided to leave it up to a coin flip since there are no clarifications I could find on such short notice, and the coin decided we both lose everything. But what is SUPPOSED to happen?
IIRC, the iOS version implements it such that all other players with the most destroy all of their constructs.

One thing that sort of bugged me was that most can be greater than or equal to. So if I have 1 construct and another player had 1 and I defeat Acidic Crawler, that player destroys his construct :\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always bring your towel.
United States
Morrilton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
gamesjunkie wrote:

IIRC, the iOS version implements it such that all other players with the most destroy all of their constructs.

One thing that sort of bugged me was that most can be greater than or equal to. So if I have 1 construct and another player had 1 and I defeat Acidic Crawler, that player destroys his construct :\

So if you are tied for most with any opponents, only your opponent(s) lose theirs? Wow. Good stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesjunkie wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
gamesjunkie wrote:

So if you are tied for most with any opponents, only your opponent(s) lose theirs? Wow. Good stuff.

Just to clarify...

me: 1 construct
p2: 1
p3: 0
p4: 0

In this case, me and p2 would destroy our construct if p3 or p4 defeated that monster. If either me or p2 defeated it, the other player would destroy their single construct.

However, in the example below, p3 defeats it, nothing happens. If me, p2, or p4 defeats it, p3's destroying his 2 constructs.
me: 1 construct
p2: 1
p3: 2
p4: 0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Charlesworth
United Kingdom
Penmaenmawr
Conwy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesjunkie wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
gamesjunkie wrote:

As I understand it, Acidic Crawler will NEVER destroy the constructs of the player who defeats it, so if everyone is tied, you alone will be immune.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Samildanach wrote:
gamesjunkie wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
gamesjunkie wrote:

As I understand it, Acidic Crawler will NEVER destroy the constructs of the player who defeats it, so if everyone is tied, you alone will be immune.
In fact, playing up to and including IH, along with some of the promos (up to promo pack #5), any defeated monster that negatively affects players will never affect the player who defeated it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.