Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Bey
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else here remove from the game those pointless Zombie cards that force the discard of 10 hero cards? "Nowhere to Run", "Nowhere to Hide", and "A Town Overrun"...

Truly atrocious cards to pick up as the Zombie player. I have every expansion of LNoE, and this is a pointless card, as the hero deck will NEVER EVER run out of cards!

And forcing the discard of 10 hero cards always results in a collective cheer from the hero players, as now they have more items and cards in their discard pile to search through for Pick Up purposes! Aaaarrggh!

I love having more cards in this game, and am very satisfied with all the variety of the expansions, but these 3 cards don't belong in the zombie deck! They only help the hero side.

Anyone else banish these cards to the nether for games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've taken to the opposite side of the argument - for now, at least, I'm playing Last Night on Earth: Timber Peak with just the basic decks, so they could run out... The decks in my copy of Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game are, as you suggest, grossly inflated - I may transfer the cards from that to Timber Peak... cool

Of course, once I get Last Night on Earth: Blood in the Forest things may change... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Streuner
United States
Concord
North Carolina
flag msg tools
"Cambot! Gypsy! Tom Servo! Crooooow!"
badge
“Look at me! I’m dancin’! I’m dancin’!” (Claptrap)
mbmbmbmbmb
They do come in handy for Zombie Pillage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Snotwalker wrote:
Anyone else here remove from the game those pointless Zombie cards that force the discard of 10 hero cards? "Nowhere to Run", "Nowhere to Hide", and "A Town Overrun"...

Truly atrocious cards to pick up as the Zombie player. I have every expansion of LNoE, and this is a pointless card, as the hero deck will NEVER EVER run out of cards!

And forcing the discard of 10 hero cards always results in a collective cheer from the hero players, as now they have more items and cards in their discard pile to search through for Pick Up purposes! Aaaarrggh!

I love having more cards in this game, and am very satisfied with all the variety of the expansions, but these 3 cards don't belong in the zombie deck! They only help the hero side.

We have found that the deck is about 3X the size of a 60 card deck so we triple the values of those cards. For instance a discard 10 is actually a discard 30.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bey
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alderdust wrote:
Snotwalker wrote:

We have found that the deck is about 3X the size of a 60 card deck so we triple the values of those cards. For instance a discard 10 is actually a discard 30.

Interesting. Hadn't considered that option. But don't you find that the hero players would be even happier to see 30 cards in the discard pile instead of 10? The chances of the deck running out are still slim to none in almost every game, and by having cards discarded in this manner only provides more pick up items available to the hero players.

I know, it's a minor issue with a fantastic game, but it just always seemed that those 3 zombie cards did more to help the hero side than the zombie side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Intersting ideas and I agree that playing the cards with all expansions doesn't feel right.

So taking them out of the deck helps the Zombie player as all the remaining cards are advantageous and yet it doesn't help the Hero player by increasing their Pick Up chances. I think this is more balanced approach than discarding 30 cards as emptying the deck somehow feels an unrewarding way to end the game. Better to win / lose by the players' actions rather than the sudden-death turn of a card.

I've already taken Fence Post out of the Zombie deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Isn't fence post a hero card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sappington wrote:

Ah yes blush I haven't used it for so long I forgot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Bells
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my group we count all of those types of cards as being Locked Door. We just love that card and it never comes up enough. With this it does.
It is a great card for drama.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
Sappington wrote:

Ah yes blush I haven't used it for so long I forgot.

I actually just played Saturday night and finally drew the Fence Post. It's been in the deck, but I seriously have not seen it drawn in probably 10+ games. I was all excited to have it on my hero, but it was a pain that it was double-handed, as I chose to throw away another powerful hand weapon for it.

Then I realized that while it lets you throw 3 dice when doing that adjacent space fight, you still only wound the zombie if you roll doubles and win, which didn't happen for me in 6 fights (before my hero died).

It's a fun card, sure, but I think it's balanced enough to not warrant banishment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.