aaron Haycraft

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend mentioned how cool it would be to play as Robocop (the good one from the 80's, not that new crap) in Legendary. I agreed. So, here we are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Reznor
msg tools
mb
Pretty good, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Yes, we need a Larry David card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rare is a little too powerful, at first impression, but I like the effects, the artwork, and the design exhibits excellent attention to detail. Kudos!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Sanchez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very nice, love the artwork.
Defineately going in my hero deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Fechter
Netherlands
De Goorn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome cards! Are planning any Masterminds, Villains, Schemes as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
Printed and cut. Gotta go buy some sleeves. Thanks for adding this to the arsenal of custom cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Suetens
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
The rare is a little too powerful, at first impression, but I like the effects, the artwork, and the design exhibits excellent attention to detail. Kudos!

Don't see how it outshines Black Widow's 'Covert Operation'. And there's 3 of those in the game...

Love the cards Aaron, looking great! (They'll be added to the collection.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
derare wrote:
DarthEd wrote:

Don't see how it outshines Black Widow's 'Covert Operation'. And there's 3 of those in the game...

Really? "Covert Operation" has 0+ attack to start with, and it can take a few turns before it starts to pay off. This has 3+ attack. "Covert Operation" by itself doesn't rescue any bystanders. This card can rescue all the Bystanders in the City. Granted, it's a Critical Hit, but it should be easy to pull off with most of the cards in the set having the necessary Tech class. And there should be plenty of Bystanders around since most of the other cards have effects that either rescue Bystanders or result in Villains capturing Bystanders. The set basically takes the best cards from Jean Grey and the best cards from Black Widow. The result is a little overpowered, IMHO, but it's still a very thematic and well designed set of cards. YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Suetens
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what you're saying, but still think the card is ok as it is.
For one, it's a rare (they tend to be even more awesome than uncommons) and the cost is a lot higher than Black Widow's uncommon.

In all the games i've played, I tend to experience that I can trigger less than 50% of the critical strikes I get in my hand. Sometimes building the deck is not that easy (too many high value cards in HQ at the start of the game and stuff like that...).
And how often is the city flooded with bystanders? Unless you play against certain villain sets their tends to be one or two in the city at a time...

Also, he has no affiliation, making him harder to combo with other heroes (besides Tech).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Sanchez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like him, worth putting in a game in my opinion.
Plus the people I play with, tend to play the same characters they choose, for the most part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh...the best guy to play against Midtown Bank Robbery and the Marauders?

A couple of questions:

Protect the Innocent is better than Jean Grey's Psychic Search, because it is exactly the same but it nets you another Bystander in the Bank and Streets. Any ideas how to balance it? I don't know if Tech trigger is easier to do than X-Men trigger.

How do you explain Uphold the Law thematically? He lets the opponent grab a hostage so he can kill them?

Everything else looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.