Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Black Coyote
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you receive the scavenge value as it is printed, or do you get the + value. ie: On grandmas pantry there is no number value in the scavenge block but the ability reads...(Draw 2 cards and flee +2). Do I get to scavenge for 1 or 2 on a successful flee? Yeah I know I still have to lose cards to attrition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the example you give you would get +2 to your Scavenge total if you Flee successfully as it gives you +2 Flee.

It really depends on the particular card as to how much a card will add to the Scavenge value. Basically add any stated "+x Scavenge" and any "+x Flee" or "+x Fight" (depending on whether you Fight or Flee) to your Scavenge total that your other cards give you.

Hopefully that makes sense...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Coyote
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help. One last question. If a card has multiple benefits do you receive all, or must you pick just one? I realize that on a fight/flee bonus you can only do one, but say, if the card ie: Hunting Rifle states, Fight +2, Flee+2, Scavenge +2, do you also receive the scavenge bonus or must you pick just one of the three? Some cards actually state +x and +y, while many just list all with no ands, ors or buts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McCutcheon
United States
Westbrook
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scavenge (and Draw as well) will happen weather you flee or fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
William Keller wrote:
Thanks for the help. One last question. If a card has multiple benefits do you receive all, or must you pick just one? I realize that on a fight/flee bonus you can only do one, but say, if the card ie: Hunting Rifle states, Fight +2, Flee+2, Scavenge +2, do you also receive the scavenge bonus or must you pick just one of the three? Some cards actually state +x and +y, while many just list all with no ands, ors or buts.

You only get to use either the Fight or Flee value and also any Scavenge bonus.

So for the Hunting Rifle you would get the +2 Fight or Flee (depending on which option you chose) and +2 Scavenge. So this card would add +4 to your Scavenge total.

So basically after you have successfully fought or fled you total up all the Fight or Flee values of your cards (once again depending on whether you chose to Fight or Flee) and then add any "+x Scavenge" bonuses from cards to get a total Scavenge value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.