John
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really looking forward to this game because I want a deck building game built strictly around co-op. I also love the Alien universe. However, the description says that we lead a team of humans and have to survive against an alien swarm.

My fear is that there are really only a handful of Alien types. Games like Thunderstone and Marvel Legendary have hundreds of different monster and villain types. I hope this doesn't become boring because of the lack of monster variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was another thread speculating on what rights this game will have.

The answer to that question will allow this game to grow pretty big, or sadly-- not at all.

I'm going to GenCon this year, if these guys are there, I will ask around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
virferrorum wrote:
There was another thread speculating on what rights this game will have.

The answer to that question will allow this game to grow pretty big, or sadly-- not at all.

The answer was given - They have access to everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect this one won't get as many expansions as the Marvel game, but I am sure there will be some.

Wondering if Predator will be a new (compatible) base set or a big box expansion of this though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wetworks wrote:
I'm really looking forward to this game because I want a deck building game built strictly around co-op. I also love the Alien universe. However, the description says that we lead a team of humans and have to survive against an alien swarm.

My fear is that there are really only a handful of Alien types. Games like Thunderstone and Marvel Legendary have hundreds of different monster and villain types. I hope this doesn't become boring because of the lack of monster variety.

I care a lot less about variety than I do this being a good balanced co-op. Legendary is NOT a good balanced co-op. I'm hoping they can get it right this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it will really suffer from anything if it's well designed. The only thing it would really effect is the artwork. Plus, the Alien universe is actually pretty deep. You have: Queen, equipment malfunctions, face huggers, eggs, baby aliens, aliens, combination aliens (shown in some films, but more in the comics), the weirdo clone alien from Alien 4, acid, corporations, sabotage (probably from corporations), cyborgs, etc. I think you'll be fine.

As for expansions, call me crazy, but I like my games to be good out of the box. I'll worry about expansions after a game's been out. But... I think I'd rather be able to simply mix it with other Sci-Fi series with similar motivations, such as Predator. Or, do a strange combo game, such as Firefly meets Aliens. I also hope they can pick up other interesting related series and some how make that work (Doctor Who + Alien!!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
buck fuddr
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as far as alien types. there are sooo many options, praetorians, drones, spitters, i mean really check it out. and it also doesnt have to be like a each card is an alien. like "endless armies of hydra", you can have a "swarm card" kill it and draw two from the villan (encounter) deck. i just read a nice article they had in a gaming magazine where they said they didn't want to have it like 5 spaces and then they escape, they are coming for YOU! and they mentions 4 missions so far and one from each movie. like in resurrection your on the betty.

they have the rights to the expanded universe. so that predator upgrade is going to be soo sweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
randall fischer

Warren
Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats because....well...legendary isnt a co-op at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.