Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
I picked up BC: Dev a few weeks ago, and I actually did not unbox all the components, because I knew there would be no way to close Pandora's Box, once all the pieces were unleashed/unpackaged.

I considered the Character Select Box printable deckboxes, but then I realized printing out coloured cardstock would cost $0.50 each. I also saw Leaf Ninja's Plastic Deckbox solution, and found a place in Toronto that sells these plastic cases for $0.50 each as well!

As much as I would love the street cred from the Character Select box, I decided to go with the slightly sturdier, and possible reusable plastic deckbox solution.

Here is the box with all the cases inside. I just have the standard edition, and not the extended edition.

The boxcount is as follows:

- 30 boxes for characters (green-dotted, 26x25-ct, 4x50-ct)
- 3 boxes for bases (blue-dotted, 2x25-ct, 1x50-ct)
- 2 boxes for bosses (unmarked, 2x50-ct)
- 1 box for everything else (1x200-ct)

For the 30 characters, I needed:
26 x 25-ct boxes. A 25-ct box can hold a maximum stack of 3 tokens/cardboards, plus 9 sleeved cards. I used KMC-Perfect-Size sleeves. Using other sleeves may or may not fit in these deckboxes -- I think Ultra Pro Pro-Fit might work as well.

Here is a 25-ct box of 2-stack tokens/standup + 9 cards:

For comparison, here is a 25-ct box of 3-stack tokens/standup + 9 cards:

I put the character card up at the very top, with the tokens on the bottom. Each "layer" of cardboard can fit either 2 pentagonal tokens/standups, or 4 circular/square tiles.

For the remaining 4 characters, I used a 50-ct box. These are Kajia (9 cards + 4-stack tokens/standup, because I repurposed 2 Threat tokens as Insect Tokens for a total of 7 Insects + standup), Endrbyt , Gerard , Iaxus (all too many cards + tokens).

I used a pair of 50-ct boxes to hold the 4 bosses -- each 50-ct box holding 2 bosses (with tokens in the middle).

I used a pair of 25-ct boxes, each holding 2 sets of standard bases + special action cards. I used a single 50-ct box to hold Beta/EX/Almighty/tag bases+lessons.

The 200-ct box holds my arena tokens/markers, the 4 boss stand-ups, the 4 BattleQuest stand-ups, 5 dials, and 6 BattleQuest cards, and the 5 plastic stands.

I also had space to tuck all the character sleeves that came with the original box, just to provide some padding so that my arena cards don't get bent, and go keep the deckboxes from shifting around too much.

My favourite part of this solution is the ability to pull a few boxes of characters plus one box of standard bases, 3 x D20s, and a sheet of paper with 7 spaces drawn on it -- and I'm good to go. No need to bring the entire bigbox, and not have to worry about the boxes and cards getting crushed.

Again, not the cheapest storage solution, but if you consider just the boxes without sleeving, it can be done for around $20, and you can reuse these deckboxes later on if you really want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Pillow Demon
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet. I've been a little tied up and never got to posting this here myself. Feels great to see an endorsement - thanks for sharing! cool

I'll also throw out that this solution can also hold strikers + all devastation related stands, equipment cards, and alternate UAs from Extended Edition, though the number of needed 50ct boxes will increase.

Cool idea to sticker on Flight #s to the side. It'll transition great into full-blown character sticker labels (one day, one day).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Leaf Ninja wrote:
Cool idea to sticker on Flight #s to the side. It'll transition great into full-blown character sticker labels (one day, one day).

Yes, I'll probably use the top bit of the Landscape Character Dividers, since they have Name + Flight on them, and the size just fits the side of the 25-ct cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this solution. I have everything in ziplock bags, but it just looks messy. Now I just have to find a place that sells these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
the_vinman wrote:
I really like this solution. I have everything in ziplock bags, but it just looks messy. Now I just have to find a place that sells these.

You can try looking for sports trading card stores -- many of will carry these cases. You can also check http://www.ultrapro.com/store.php and look for stores in the Netherlands that carry these cases. http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=651 MSRP is only $0.99 USD for a 2-pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
I ordered 2 pairs of 50 count boxes to test things out first and I got to say that not using perfect sized sleeves like the ones from KMC does not work. Length and width is just a wee bit to short to store standard sized sleeves.
I really like the durability of this solution, but sadly it doesn't work for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phyr wrote:
I ordered 2 pairs of 50 count boxes to test things out first and I got to say that not using perfect sized sleeves like the ones from KMC does not work. Length and width is just a wee bit to short to store standard sized sleeves.
I really like the durability of this solution, but sadly it doesn't work for me.

Good to know, guess I'll have to order the KMC's as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
the_vinman wrote:
Phyr wrote:

Ultra-Pro Pro-fit inner sleeves might also work, though I haven't had a chance to try them out. Not sure which will end up being cheaper. You can always ask your local game store to test putting a sleeved card into a case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mooken wrote:
the_vinman wrote:
Phyr wrote:

Ultra-Pro Pro-fit inner sleeves might also work, though I haven't had a chance to try them out. Not sure which will end up being cheaper. You can always ask your local game store to test putting a sleeved card into a case.
The Pro-fit are cheaper for me, although I suspect the quality isn't as high: about 5% of the Pro-fit sleeves I've gotten have some minor miscut.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought some other Ultra Pro's and I don't really like the feel of them. Hoping the KMC's are better. My FLGS doesn't stock these, so online purchase is the only option. I have found a seller in Germany that might get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have suggestions where to buy these 25 count boxes? I bought a number of them, but stupidly didn't order enough for the whole cast, and many places seem to be out of stock now. Will they be coming back?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theo Stang
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
mooken wrote:
found a place in Toronto that sells these plastic cases for $0.50 each as well!

I just purchased this game last night. Could you let me know what is the name of this place you speak of?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Peters-Campbell
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered them all at Amazon. The full set described in the OP was ~$30 total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Peters-Campbell
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what my version wound up looking like. Close to the OP's, but I put name labels on each box and used little round stickers for the flight markers. Overall very happy with this as a solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just was revisiting the thread, and noticed the OP suggested 4 circular or square tokens per level. I can get 5 of either kind, with 4 in the corners and one in the middle. The pentagonal counters are annoyingly large, but I can get 3 per level with a little crowding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.