Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Dennis
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I are loving the game! We added a house rule where the TT tokens are placed face down instead of face up. It makes it riskier to botch those early encounters in favor of loading up on tokens, and adds a little more mystery.

We've pulled a couple cards that check for the highest value TT token. It's easy enough to mix the tokens up again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Zyl
South Africa
cape town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear that you are both enjoying the game, Jon.
Though ATT plays up to 4 players, it is also particularly good as a 2-player.

Introducing hidden TT tokens does make it harder to plan the long game, whereby one is willing lose early Encounters in the interest of resource collection for the late game, but playing with hidden TT tokens would certainly give each Encounter a lot of tension.

Let us know how this variant works out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Sanchez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
macgowan wrote:
My wife and I are loving the game! We added a house rule where the TT tokens are placed face down instead of face up. It makes it riskier to botch those early encounters in favor of loading up on tokens, and adds a little more mystery.

We've pulled a couple cards that check for the highest value TT token. It's easy enough to mix the tokens up again.

Yeah I have to admit, when I first got the game and was examining the components, I had assumed in my mind that this is the way it was supposed to work. Then I read the rules before first play and discovered the truth. I think however, this will be my permanent variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
OOoo! I like this Variant! Nice idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool idea, we might have to try this.

We also play with our point cards hidden (during our first game it was obvious who was going to win by the last couple of turns.) We like it much better with the mystery of not knowing at all how many points anybody has.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Sanchez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
We like it much better with the mystery of not knowing at all how many points anybody has.

I agree. In a game where everything is 'mysterious' whistle, the points should be as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.