StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm driving myself crazy....

I am under the impression that the base game and the two expansions are completely playable as they are; nothing needed except what is in the box... however, which add-ons are needed, desired, to flesh out the scenarios?

I don't want to overbuy but rather have enough miniatures to field each scenario.

I am currently backing the Premium Level and qualified for all the early items. I have both expansions loaded in the cart and am now balking as I consider what else is "needed".

Suggestions or recommendations?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Swan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I understood correctly the $38 add-on dragon comes with additional scenarios as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TA MN
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they are playable from the box. You shouldn't "need" add-ons to play. I can't tell you what to get as extras, it really is up to you and your budget!
I would definitely get Ugragosa as he's KS exclusive - but you're already getting him included if you're premium, so no need to add.

Personally, I like the Jiangshi - and they're not too expensive either.

Quite a lot of people are adding on the Yau bundle for variety, but I wouldn't bother at Premium as you already getting Zing & Jing Yau's in the BGU & CU. And the expansions will give you assorted other demons if you've committed to those.
And a lot of people are adding the soul hunter & cleanser packs - again for added variety. But if you're in early, you're already getting Xi Fung and Warrior Tang in the CU anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.