Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far our group has just been removing them and not using maids that involve them. The game quality has seen a dramatic increase.

They remove a lot of the decision making involving when to buy a higher value Love card rather than a maid card. You just keep buying maids and you can fill out your deck with higher value love cards a lot of times just by getting a Reminisce.

They make Maid Chiefs much more reliably valuable throughout the entirety of the game. I always felt that Maid Chiefs were meant to be slight burdens for those who bought them for their large amounts of points. You would then use them for discard effects or try and get them in an estate and neither were that easy to pull off. It was an equalizer, but when they could reliably be used to pull off incredible turns by fulfilling the requirements of Reminisces, there's pretty much no downside. Victory points buying victory points.

The Picnic card in particular makes a 5 love starting hand even more deadly. The ability to grab any maid you want on one of your first two turns has led to such blowouts in my group that we just outright don't allow that particular card to be an option at the start of the game.

Has anyone else found issue with these things? There might be a more elegant solution than just removing them, but thus far the game has been much better without them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howl Jenkins
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
I've read somewhere that they are indeed a bit broken. I personally haven't seen huge issues but I play this with my wife and we aren't that good or efficient. Maybe you can house rule certain things like trashing cards to town when using a card to buy reminiscence. It will at least allow you to keep them in-game and nerf them a lot by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Virata
United States
Fairfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally feel like they are a bit on the broken side as well. The game comes down to who has the most reminisce and it can completely neuter other aspects of the game, like Events (why bother Chambering when you can use maids to get Reminisce and avoid Events at the same time) and Buildings, especially if there are anti-building maids in play.

I was hoping that Motto Tanto Cuore would have an anti-Reminisce Event or maid in the set, but that turned out to be a separate game all together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.