Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After having had this a few weeks, we've now played through all 8 scenarios with 2 characters (upto the end of Burnt Offerings).

FLGS is out of stock of the 2nd Adventure Deck, so there will be a lull before we can carry on.

I've downloaded some character sheets, recorded the deck, and we're going to go back to the beginning and try again with 4 or 6 characters.

The way I read things, I'm supposed to take all of the cards from Burnt Offerings out of the box before going back to Brigandoom - is that right?

If i left them in (Boons and Banes), how badly do people think this would skew things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
badge
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
mbmbmbmbmb
I left them in and when one was drawn replaced it with a random card of the same type from the box till I got a card without a 1 in the corner. Though it can be disappointing to pull a good card that you have to put back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are supposed to remove them, but Treebeard's solution is effectively the same, since it makes sure you don't encounter them. I think it would be problematic, though I supposed for switching from Deck 1 back to Base Set wouldn't be as bad as switching from Deck 2 back to Base Set. There could be banes you aren't equipped to deal with, but also you'll be getting better cards sooner than intended. So I really recommend taking them out (or using Treebeard's solution) so that you are experiencing the game as intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Davis
United Kingdom
Harlow
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to leave them in. Will probably make the game a bit easier overall (most of the AP 1 monsters are pretty weak) and mean you get slightly better treasure but you really won't notice the difference by the time you've played a few more APs.

Then again, taking out the AP 1 cards will only take 5 minutes - so why not just do it anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dylan benton
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just did this same thing after completing the fourth adventure path. I started over with two new characters and nothing but the base set cards. It was a bit of a pain sorting out the higher level cards but it really gives you the feeling of playing a brand new character and adventure as opposed to just replaying the same game with a different, weaker guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.