1 Posts

Niagara: Diamond Joe» Forums » Rules

Subject: English Translation error found rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
There's an error in the English translation that someone posted here. The benefits from Joe are only reaped when ending your turn in his space. The German rule states
"Wer af dem Flussfeld zu stehen kommt, auf dim sich Joe befindet..."

The actual translation from the German rules is
"when you come to end your turn in the space with Joe..."

There is nothing in the German rules for Joe that mentions gaining his benefits when starting your turn in his space. My guess is this was done to keep the actions somewhat in line with the "stealing" of Gems action in the game.

This correction is also confirmed further down in the German rules regarding taking the benefit actions where it states
"wenn der eigene Zug tatsachlich auf dem Feld endet, auf dem Joe steht."

This translates to
"when your turn actually ends on the space where Joe is."

NOTE: The English rules posted at the Zoch website are correct but do not mention how to use Joe with the Spirits of Niagara expansion. My group has made the following addition to the Joe rules:

Spirits of Niagara Expansion:
- The Lasso tile does not affect Joe (when played by the starting player); he always stays on the river.
- Joe may not take the Moose if he starts in the space adjacent to it.
- Joe follows the expansion rules for moving over or ending his turn on the whirlpool.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.