Subject: frenzy, counter attack and stun rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
thamos w
Belgium
flag msg tools
i play frenzy on a monster, i move to the monster and perform my first attack

it is a miss,

the hero counter attacks me (extra question: can you counter attack on a miss attack) and by doing so stuns me

do i lose the second attack due to stun, or do i attack and unstun on my next round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the hero can counter attack your monster even though the attack missed. You did still attack him

You would have to discard the stun and lose the action. Think it as follows: You have 2 actions with the monster

you play frenzy so it has 2 actions + an attack action

1st you move
2nd you attack (this is now considered the additional attack action)

3rd action can be any action (since you played frenzy, otherwise it could be any other action than an attack)

you have to use the 3rd action to remove stun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Kopet
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an Overlorde strategy you should have moved and attacked and then played your frenzy card. This way you wouldn't have wasted it when you got stunned in your first attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
synchroneyes wrote:
As an Overlorde strategy you should have moved and attacked and then played your frenzy card. This way you wouldn't have wasted it when you got stunned in your first attack.

Except that this would be illegal, since Frenzy has to be played on the start of the monster's activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Kopet
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card says "Play this card when activating a monster during your turn. . . " Couldn't that be at any point during the monsters activation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It does not have to be played at the beginning of an activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
synchroneyes wrote:
The card says "Play this card when activating a monster during your turn. . . " Couldn't that be at any point during the monsters activation?

Interesting. I always figured that you activate a monster and then do stuff with it, hence "when activating a monster" is the start of that monster's activation and afterwards I figured I "have already activated it" so I couldn't play the card anymore.

However I have just found an example in the rulebook (Page 16) that supports playing the card at any point during that monsters actions. However it even uses a different wording of the card compared to the actual card.

I am confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
I was confused about this too.

To the point that I thought this has been errata-ed while, in fact, it hasn't: using Frenzy and Dash in the middle (or near the end) of a monster's activation has been always been intended by the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
It does not have to be played at the beginning of an activation.

This is true

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thamos w
Belgium
flag msg tools
apparantly i was also confused about the wording on the card, i thought this was written so that the heroes could have a chance to counter your frenzy, but i'm glad i can do it any time i like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.