7 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: time of speed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
thamos w
Belgium
flag msg tools
can i use time of speed to move when immobilised?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is time of speed? do you mean fatigue? if you mean fatigue, then no

unofficial FAQ:

Q: Immobilize card says it only prevents hero from using Move action or fatigue to generate movement points. I'm aware it also stops movement action if someone gets immobilized during it's duration.

Does Immobilize stop movement gained from other abilities that grand movement points or let hero move up to speed?

A: Immobilize only prevents move actions and suffering fatigue. Gaining movement points while immobilized through some other means unrelated to a move action or suffering fatigue, "moving up to your speed" as the result of an ability, or being removed from the map and placed elsewhere is all allowed with immobilize as written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he might mean the Disciple's skill Time of Need. The answer to that question is yes, you can use Time of Need while Immobilized. The only things Immobilized stops are move actions and suffering fatigue for movement points. Other sources of movement are allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thamos w
Belgium
flag msg tools
indeed i meant time of need, sorry bout that, thanks for the answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thamos w
Belgium
flag msg tools
in that effect i guess jain's heroic feet of twice the movement points is also vallid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
thamos wrote:
in that effect i guess jain's heroic feet of twice the movement points is also vallid?

Yes. As are the Knight skills Oath of Honor and Advance, the Berserker skill Charge, the Wildlander skill Running Shot, among others. There are many different possible sources of movement in the game, and Immobilized only stops two of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'm aware it also stops movement action if someone gets immobilized during it's duration.

I've played like this since I got the game, but where does this actually appear in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.