Subject: Confusing diagrams re: Cure markers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Canner
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the 2013 rulebook, a couple of diagrams seem incorrect regarding cure markers.

The diagram at the bottom of page 5 shows the black cure marker moving from its starting space to its Cure Indicator. But the blue marker is missing. Presumably it should be either on its starting space or on its Cure Indicator?

On page 6, the red and black markers have not been moved up to their Cure Indicators. And I believe the yellow and blue markers are missing here as well.

Not a big deal but it confused me a little. I have the English edition 2013.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Mango Is Off!
United Kingdom
Cowes
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
That's going to happen, I don't think.
badge
Will I shut the holy hell up?
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the pictures in the rules have just shown what is necessary to make the particular point. On Page 5, the blue marker is not shown because it is not germane to the point they are making (that when a cure is made - black in this case - the relevant marker is moved up. Similar situation on Page 6 - only the relevant markers are shown.

If all the markers had been shown in these cases, I think that it may have been more difficult to see the point that they wish to illustrate. Obviously it didn't work for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Canner
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pricero1 wrote:
I think that the pictures in the rules have just shown what is necessary to make the particular point. On Page 5, the blue marker is not shown because it is not germane to the point they are making (that when a cure is made - black in this case - the relevant marker is moved up.

I guess the omission of the yellow and blue markers could be intentional, but it seems unlikely. The last diagram on p.6 only needed 3 cubes in Algiers and Cairo, but it also has bystanders (in Madrid, Paris and Istanbul) which makes a realistic example of play.

Also as I said, the red and black cure markers are in the wrong places on p.6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do what I do - firstly, get On The Brink, if you don't already have it, then leave the cure markers in the Petri dishes, until you've found the cure, at which point you place the relevant marker in the respective cure marker outline.

That way you can just ignore what it says, and shows, in the rule book, and not be confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Canner
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Do what I do - firstly, get On The Brink, if you don't already have it,
Got it -- I love On the Brink.
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
until you've found the cure, at which point you place the relevant marker in the respective cure marker outline.
Yes we often start with the cure markers off the board, then move them on to those vial-shaped outlines for a cure. Somehow those outlines look like they want to be filled!
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
That way you can just ignore what it says, and shows, in the rule book, and not be confused.
I'll try not to ignore too much of the rule book

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.