6 Posts

Galaxy Defenders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mission V - Starship Troops question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This weekend, I played this mission for the first time. There ended up being a bunch of turns where the Xeno-Greys activated, had no units at range 1 and all the other aliens were already moving just about to get into attack range of the agents. The group decided that since teleporting an alien back at that point would be detrimental to the alien attack, we just ignored the Greys on rounds where they couldn't do anything to help. That was probably against the rules though right? When an Encounter card would activate an alien, it must be activated, correct?

Also, I think I read that Xeno Alpha's Leader ability can't be used to carry another Xeno-Alpha. Is that correct or am I just imagining things? It just seemed like it was an incredibly scary thing to have 3 Alhpa's indoors and within 1 area of eachother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Marti
Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
Waaagh
mbmbmbmbmb
The teleport is teleporting an Alien from outside the map onto the map (at least, this is what I understood, thinking this is why the Xeno-Grey are leaders and are so important and to be feared).

So when all aliens are on the map - you are dead soon, anyway (this will not help your question - sorry, but could not resist).

With Xeno Alpha - no problem there. Either they kill you anyway or they pile up for my area damage weapons whistle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
murks666 wrote:
The teleport is teleporting an Alien from outside the map onto the map (at least, this is what I understood, thinking this is why the Xeno-Grey are leaders and are so important and to be feared).

So when all aliens are on the map - you are dead soon, anyway (this will not help your question - sorry, but could not resist).

With Xeno Alpha - no problem there. Either they kill you anyway or they pile up for my area damage weapons whistle.

Huh...it just hadn't occurred to me that the teleport was from outside the game... Now I'm not sure what to do with the group...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero_guy wrote:
Huh...it just hadn't occurred to me that the teleport was from outside the game... Now I'm not sure what to do with the group...

If the Xeno-grey were grabbing an alien from elsewhere on the board, it would be "moving" it, like the Alphas.

Xeno-greys are awful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D'OH! TELEPORT not MOVE. Yikes, we totally played this wrong too! I was wondering why for the first half of the game, the Xeno-Greys seems to be super useless... but if they were suppose to be TELEPORTING, wow, yeah, we totally would have died.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
horfrost3 wrote:
D'OH! TELEPORT not MOVE. Yikes, we totally played this wrong too! I was wondering why for the first half of the game, the Xeno-Greys seems to be super useless... but if they were suppose to be TELEPORTING, wow, yeah, we totally would have died.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that misinterpreted that one. Though now that I know, using the word Teleport...yeah it should have been obvious what it meant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.