Argyx Games
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
"What I tell you three times is true." (Lewis Carroll)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone!

I would like to present "Orbital", a little 2-player abstract game.

Idea of the game
----------------------
Players are architects who build Orbital Towers in space.

The heart of the game is that each move narrows down the next move made by your opponent (let's say a little bit like Quarto or Kamon, but of course the gameplay is different).

There are 3 sets of pieces, inducing 3 different possibilibites of moves.

The rules in English are here: http://www.edysseus.com/games/download/Orbital-v2-eng.pdf (in French : http://www.edysseus.com/games/download/Orbital-v2.pdf)

My main reason for posting is that there is now a Vassal module available at:
http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Orbital

The game is still in its testing phase, so I'm looking for players willing to try it online (a game lasts less than 10 min).

Please feel free to send me a message if interested! And I'd be more than happy to get your feedback on the game.

Thanks!

Mat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of rules comments:

Quote:
15 pieces in 2 colors: 5 squares , 5 triangles, 5 circles

That confused me at first, as I was thinking "Hmm, so are there 2 red squares and 3 yellow squares, or what?"
I think there are actually 30 pieces, right?
Maybe it would be clearer to say something like:

Each player has 15 pieces in their own color: 5 squares , 5 triangles, 5 circles

===

Quote:
If a player cannot play his move following the above rules, then he must play on an empty location anywhere on the grid.

Does "anywhere on the grid" mean he can ignore specifically rules 3, 4, 5 but must follow the other rules, or that he can also ignore rule 2 (e.g. making 2 propellers in a line point the same way or making a propeller's point touch the map edge)?

And what if there is no empty location on the grid?

===

FWIW I'd have found the rules clearer/easier if you just said "square, circle, triangle" instead of having to learn the jargon "base=square, antenna=circle, propeller=triangle".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Argyx Games
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
A couple of rules comments:
That confused me at first, as I was thinking "Hmm, so are there 2 red squares and 3 yellow squares, or what?"
I think there are actually 30 pieces, right?
Maybe it would be clearer to say something like:

Each player has 15 pieces in their own color: 5 squares , 5 triangles, 5 circles

You're absolutely right.

Quote:
Does "anywhere on the grid" mean he can ignore specifically rules 3, 4, 5 but must follow the other rules, or that he can also ignore rule 2 (e.g. making 2 propellers in a line point the same way or making a propeller's point touch the map edge)?

I should have been more precise. Yes he can ignore all rules.

Quote:
And what if there is no empty location on the grid?

This is one of the things I'd like to check out while testing. So far, it never happened, and normally it shouldn't. If it does, I'll have to think of something

Quote:
FWIW I'd have found the rules clearer/easier if you just said "square, circle, triangle" instead of having to learn the jargon "base=square, antenna=circle, propeller=triangle".

Yes, it was just to get into the theme, since the "hard" version will be with 3D pieces in the shape of a space station. But I think for now I'll just mention it at first, then switch to the shapes equivalent.

Thanks for your comments, and maybe see you on an online play sometimes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Argyx Games
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick update after the 3D printing of the game pieces:

NB/ the situation showed in the photo above is impossible, it's just a random display of the pieces

Anyone interested in testing it on Vassal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.