Subject: Last round Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about the last two round of the game.

The game ends when all the tiles from the market have been placed. That means that there could be multiple turns when a player takes a turn and there are fewer than 3 tiles on the board. In this case, there are no more tiles, so we can't refill... does the player whose turn it is still place a finca, if not all fincas have been placed?

Or... do you only place a finca if you can fully refill the market as well?

In our first two games, we've been playing it so that even if you can't refill the market, the player whose turn it is still gets to place a finca if any are available. This has led to two very swingy games, where turn order at the end means coming in second at endgame points for a lot of empty fincas. I feel like we must not be doing something correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I got this wrong initially as well. Once you can't refill the market completely fincas will only be placed using the bonus tile(s) that allow you to do so on your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
quietcorn wrote:
I have a question about the last two round of the game.

The game ends when all the tiles from the market have been placed. That means that there could be multiple turns when a player takes a turn and there are fewer than 3 tiles on the board. In this case, there are no more tiles, so we can't refill... does the player whose turn it is still place a finca, if not all fincas have been placed?

Or... do you only place a finca if you can fully refill the market as well?

In our first two games, we've been playing it so that even if you can't refill the market, the player whose turn it is still gets to place a finca if any are available. This has led to two very swingy games, where turn order at the end means coming in second at endgame points for a lot of empty fincas. I feel like we must not be doing something correctly.

This has been discussed already in another thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/15163358#15163358

Jeffery Allers wrote:
UPDATE: We are making our rules more specific in this area for the reprint of the game.

That means that, once the bag is empty after refilling the market, a new Finca will only be added one final time after the number of tiles in the market is reduced to 3 or less.

If the market is filled with only 3 tiles when emptying the bag, then no additional Fincas are placed.

Personally, I like your suggestion to place a Finca only if there are enough tiles to refill the market completely. It's a slightly cleaner rule and easier to state.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.