Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis McCarthy
United States
Idelwylde
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used this list on Saturday to great effect.

Horton Salm; R2-D2; Ion Turret; Proton Torpedoes (38 points)
Dagger Squadron Pilot; Ion Cannon; Hull Upgrade (30 points)
Blue Squadron Pilot; Heavy Laser Cannon; Hull Upgrade (32 points)

Initial engagement should see at least one or two ion markers hit enemy ships. Continue to grief with Salm from range 2. Fly formations with the B-Wings doing ion damage with the Dagger and damage with the Blue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
Ah, doctor, that aneasthetic is perfect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice list! The ion damage looks the main part of your squad, but what do you do with the proton torpedoes? Is it for an alpha strike, or...?

I think with such a squad you can do without the protons and have the points for something else? Another hull or even shield upgrade? Or...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting build. Just beware of squads that have all large ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Benson

Washington
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Replace Proton Torpedo with Engine Upgrade? I love Engine Upgrades on my Y Wings. It plays well with R2, too, since you can green move and then make up the lost ground to keep the Ion harass up.

Just a thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you drop the torpedo, the blue can be bumped to a Dagger, and both hull upgrades can be upgraded to shield upgrades. Just a thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Raz
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah not sure about horton and the torp. I'd be inclined to go with dutch, drop the torp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis McCarthy
United States
Idelwylde
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was for an alpha strike, but I think you're right. I've played this list twice more and played against it. It won twice against experienced opponents, once against me when played by an experienced opponent, and lost when my wife used it against me.

The torps could go. I'm also tempted to trade in the HLC for ion and save the points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.