cosined
United States
Walpole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I only notice this today:

http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/the-mike-mike-show-wh...
Quote:
The Mike & Mike Show: Why Are There Cards in My RPG?

Penny Arcade’s Mike Krahulik, designer of the upcoming RPG Thornwatch, and Lone Shark Games’s Mike Selinker, designer of the highly popular Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, talk about how they made their RPG-like games out of cards. It’s probably “because of reasons,” but show up and find out.
Panelists:

Mike Selinker [President, Lone Shark Games], Mike ‘Gabe’ Krahulik [Penny Arcade]

Looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calthaer the Bard
Turks and Caicos Islands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this mean that Selinker is going to be demo-ing or doing something else with the PACG at Pax East?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Calthaer wrote:
Does this mean that Selinker is going to be demo-ing or doing something else with the PACG at Pax East?

Not really. I'll probably hang out in the tabletop room, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calthaer the Bard
Turks and Caicos Islands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm...looks like it's too late to register for this; bummer. Had I known you would have been there, I would have made an effort to go.

Because...who cares about the rest of the games?

I kid, though...because I know Mike is now going to tell me to play other games.

I did just recently finish Fez...but, were that being shown at Pax East (again), I wouldn't really be too interested in meeting Phil Fish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Calthaer wrote:
I know Mike is now going to tell me to play other games.

No, all those other games are going to tell you to play other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calthaer the Bard
Turks and Caicos Islands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They do...but I was referencing this verse from the Book of Mike:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/14492366#14492366

Will this session of yours be recorded?

Some day it would be awesome to have a video of Mike & Jerry playing PACG with you. Their "Acquisitions Inc." videos are highly entertaining...even my wife loves them, and there's no way she'd ever be convinced to try D&D (although she does do PACG). I can only imagine what they'd do with some of those cards...

If, that is, M&J haven't signed in blood that they can never do such a thing for Pathfinder products because of That Other Company and the Acquisitions Inc. videos...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Calthaer wrote:
They do...but I was referencing this verse from the Book of Mike:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/14492366#14492366

Will this session of yours be recorded?

Some day it would be awesome to have a video of Mike & Jerry playing PACG with you. Their "Acquisitions Inc." videos are highly entertaining...even my wife loves them, and there's no way she'd ever be convinced to try D&D (although she does do PACG). I can only imagine what they'd do with some of those cards...

If, that is, M&J haven't signed in blood that they can never do such a thing for Pathfinder products because of That Other Company and the Acquisitions Inc. videos...

Well, they've played PACG with me, and my company does the set designs for Acquisitions, Inc. For example, my team dropped that 30' cover of the Player's Handbook.

So I'd say there's plenty of love to go around for all the games.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.