Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey,

For people that have the first KickStarter and do not buy Tuscany, which of the following new rules will become official for playing Aboriculture with the base game?

a) You no longer have access to a seventh worker.
b) Morale drops when you play the Grande worker, not at the end of the year.
c) You take the -1 for lowest morale only when it drops, not at the end of the year.
d) You can use grapes to boost your morale, in addition to wine, apples, tomato sauce, and olive oil.
e) You can't use the Grande Worker on the leisure space (to avoid passing to the next season???, I'm not sure what else that accomplishes).
f) The Grande worker no longer allows you to take a bonus on a normal space

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric: That's a great list. All of those rules will replace the old Arboriculture rules for all versions of Viticulture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more change:

g) You no longer replace the visitor bonus spaces with the little cardboard hearts. There are no spaces where you earn a morale bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm not mistaken, another big change in the Tuscany edition is that Arboricolture now requires the extended board (and all other tier 1 and tier 2 expansions, as well).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabriele--Technically that's true. That's the new structure of Tuscany. But there's nothing that truly predicates the use of Arboriculture in Tuscany--you could play with it at any time (it's not my recommendation, but you could).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GabrielGeek wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, another big change in the Tuscany edition is that Arboricolture now requires the extended board (and all other tier 1 and tier 2 expansions, as well).

That's true for those that have Tuscany, but some people will have the first edition with Aboriculture but not Tuscany (for example, that's what I have right now).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Coppola
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wait - to be clear . . . . Are you suggesting that one really should not enhance Tuscany with the aboriculture expansion from the K-S game? If so, why not? I have ordered Tuscany, but haven't yet received it. But I'm supposed to each Aboriculture to some neighbors at our monthly game night. Should I hold off until Tuscany arrives and just forget Aboriculture?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vincent: In Tuscany, Arboriculture is a Tier 3 expansion, meaning you should add 8 other expansions before getting to Arboriculture.

I would recommend holding off on Teaching Arboriculture and instead start with Tier 1 of Tuscany. Did you order it directly from us? If so, I can check into why you haven't received it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be the wrong place to post this, but can someone help me out here...

I have just received a used, first edition copy of the Viticulture via Math Trade. It seems to have included Aboriculture. I have Aboriculture rules, mats, hearts, correction tiles for main board. I do not have the 18 cards, nor the 6 Grande Meeples. Is this something I should be contacting the previous owner for (in other words, I am actually missing components?).

Further, the copy included the Upgrade Pack. Therefore, I do have the Grande Workers, but is this separate from the ones from Aboriculture (in other words, although of course I would only use 1 GW, should I acutally have 2 in each color?) OR, is the Upgrade Pack a part of the Aboriculture expansion?

One last thing.. the copy of the base game is missing the 60 clear tokens, but I have the 30 included in the Upgrade Pack.. is this enough?

I do not have Tuscany, if that is relevant to my questions.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shane: It does sound like you should contact the previous owner for the arbor cards. He/she should have also sent you the grande meeples, but you only need 1 set of grande meeples.

You should also ask the previous owner about the 60 clear tokens. They're definitely needed. The 30 tokens in the update pack are meant to augment the original 60, not replace them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Shane: It does sound like you should contact the previous owner for the arbor cards. He/she should have also sent you the grande meeples, but you only need 1 set of grande meeples.

You should also ask the previous owner about the 60 clear tokens. They're definitely needed. The 30 tokens in the update pack are meant to augment the original 60, not replace them.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
I have original KS Viticulture with Arboriculture, and am just getting my head around incorporating the Essential Edition upgrades. I still have some questions.

1. You can only sell raw grapes, tomatoes and olives? Are apples considered raw too?
2. Can grapes and arbors be planted on the same field?
3. Arboriculture "structures" are just worker actions, right, not structures you buy represented by little figures like in the base game?
4. Why can't you use your Grande worked on the Leisure space? So that you can't use it to avoid the -1 morale penalty?
5. Do I still use the little cardboard hearts on the Summer and Winter Visitor middle spots?
6. Why do the +1/-1 VPs on the morale track not have a white centre?
7. Is donating grapes, wine etc to the workers still done at the end of the year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You can only sell raw grapes, tomatoes and olives? Are apples considered raw too? --Yes
2. Can grapes and arbors be planted on the same field? --Yes
3. Arboriculture "structures" are just worker actions, right, not structures you buy represented by little figures like in the base game? -Yes, they're private action spaces, not structures
4. Why can't you use your Grande worked on the Leisure space? So that you can't use it to avoid the -1 morale penalty? --That's correct
5. Do I still use the little cardboard hearts on the Summer and Winter Visitor middle spots? --No
6. Why do the +1/-1 VPs on the morale track not have a white centre? --There isn't a reason
7. Is donating grapes, wine etc to the workers still done at the end of the year? --Yes, see the second paragraph under Gameplay/Morale: "At the end of the year when you retrieve your workers..." (page 16 of the Tuscany rulebook)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Jamey. I don't have Tuscany, just the original Viticulture 1.0 KS version, and 1.0-2.0-EE upgrade packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.