Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

I noticed that only three people have voted on what is the optimal number of players, and there is some discrepancy between them. Perhaps more people who know the game could vote? I still haven't played it, so am unqualified to vote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the box is right because the designer is frickin' brilliant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ourhero wrote:
Did you vote? You have the option to mark each number of players as "recommended" or "best with". You might enjoy the game with the number of players on the box (2-10), but it really shines with a certain range of players. Either way, go vote so people who don't know the game can see what people think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nerman8r wrote:
ourhero wrote:
Did you vote? You have the option to mark each number of players as "recommended" or "best with". You might enjoy the game with the number of players on the box (2-10), but it really shines with a certain range of players. Either way, go vote so people who don't know the game can see what people think!

Pssst... look at his name... look at who designed the game... just saying... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
After going through this game with many groups, I can say from my experience that the lesser nubmer of players the better.

In a 2-3 player game, each player gets to make several moves and you have so many options to choose from.

In a 5-6 player game, each player has very little choices and usually just gets "stuck" with whatever is left which usually isn't even significant. You could take the first player, but then you are essentially skipping your turn almost entirely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As with many games, from my experience it depends on the players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Camelorn wrote:
nerman8r wrote:
ourhero wrote:

Pssst... look at his name... look at who designed the game... just saying... ninja
Lol. I see!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
After going through this game with many groups, I can say from my experience that the lesser nubmer of players the better.

In a 2-3 player game, each player gets to make several moves and you have so many options to choose from.

In a 5-6 player game, each player has very little choices and usually just gets "stuck" with whatever is left which usually isn't even significant. You could take the first player, but then you are essentially skipping your turn almost entirely.
Great input! Did you vote?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ourhero wrote:
I'm afraid I haven't played it yet, but I picked it up because it seems like such a great idea. Thanks for making it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously, no one will do this? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
nerman8r wrote:

Not sure where the voting takes place (I'm totally new here... Talk to me like I'm 4 years old)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
nerman8r wrote:

Not sure where the voting takes place (I'm totally new here... Talk to me like I'm 4 years old)
Well, for starters, I assume your computer's on and you can find boardgamegeek...

Go to the Monster Derby page:
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4842/monster-derby

Right near the top there's an "information" section and one of the pieces of information is "User Suggested # of Players". Click the "poll" button to the right of that.

For each number of players, you can select "not recommended", "recommended" or "best"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Done
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.