Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Game Days 2014 No-ship Math trade!

Current Status: Complete!

This is a no-shipping math trade during Game Days, held May 1-4, 2014 at the Holiday Inn in Timonium, Maryland. For more information on the event, please follow this link: http://gamedays.gamesclubofmd.org

This thread is for discussion of the math trade. You may also ask for games you would like to see in the trade here.

You should post the games you have for trade here.

Timeline (all times Eastern Time):

Open for posting games: Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Closed for posting games/Open for want list submissions: Tuesday, April 22, 9:00 pm
Closed for want list submissions: Tuesday, April 29, 9:00 pm
Results will be posted shortly thereafter.

The actual trade will take place at Game Days, at 4:00 pm on Saturday May 3. If you cannot make this time, then please make arrangements with the people you are trading with to meet at another time. Note that in most cases the transfer of games takes just a few minutes. If you or your proxy are not present and you do not make other arrangements, you will be responsible for all shipping costs to send and receive the games you traded.

Rules:

1. You should subscribe to this thread to be informed of changes.

2. The Online Want List Generator (OLWLG) will be used for this trade since it reduces errors and makes generating want lists so much easier. However I will also accept manual submissions by geekmail if you cannot use the OLWLG. One of the benefits of using the OLWLG is that it makes adding games from your BGG "Trade List" very easy. I am available to answer questions and there are guides on how to use it here on the geek. Please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support.

3. Board games, Video Games, RPG items, Geekgold, and game-related gift certificates are all allowed. Other geeky stuff like DVD sets are not allowed for this trade. Use the game item Outside the Scope of BGG for gift certificates and geekgold, and include an alternate title such as "+altname+250 geek gold-altname-" in the description. These make it easier to handle in the OLWLG.

4. Please describe your items as fully as possible, including publisher, edition, language, completeness and condition of the game. It is NOT enough to include a picture and say "as pictured," because this does not provide enough information for your fellow traders. Err on the side of too much information. Remember that you want people to pick your items, and the more information they have the more likely they will put your items on their want lists. But don't write a book for each game. Long disclaimers are not pleasant to read either.

5. All items in an offering are to be listed using either the GAMEID formatting (Power Grid) or a link to the game's page (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/2651). Do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG. All items in a single geeklist item will trade as a single unit for all items in another geeklist item.

6. If you've been reported as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you discover bad traders posting games, please let me know. If you had previously been reported as a bad trader but have made amends, then I will give you a second chance and you may participate.

7. Please do not delete items or sweeteners once you have listed them. You can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've traded it away before the deadline.

8. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. Use of the OLWLG will hopefully reduce any such errors. In the case of problems after the results are posted, they will at most invalidate only the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire result set. In addition if a problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that will be the preferred course of action.

9. Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4a with duplicate protection. SEED=74951, ITERATIONS=30, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

10. When generating want lists you may not request gift certificates in exchange for other gift certificates, or geekgold for geekgold (this is called arbitrage). You may request gift certificates for geek gold and vice versa.

11. If you are not able to meet at the designated trade time, please list the days you are planning on attending. This will help others plan their want lists.

If you are new to math trades, check out the following links for a primer on how they work. Feel free to ask specific questions after you have a sense of what they are about. To get started, just add the games that you want to trade as items in this geeklist, one game per item. If you want to offer multiple games as one item (trading it as a bundle) you should add all of the game links to the same geeklist item.

These two cover the same material, but in different learning styles:
The Math Trade wiki page
Math Trades for Dummies

If you need to learn about the online want list generator (OLWLG):
The OLWLG wiki page
Chris' geeklist on How to use Duplicate Protection with the OLWLG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colls
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see Ginkgopolis and Kreta in the trade. Thanks for setting this up, Faranim!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't used OLWLG for quite a long time. Is there an automatic feature on there (or anywhere) to add everything from my BGG trade list to this Math Trade BGG Geeklist? I want to participate in the math trade, but just don't have time to go add 50-100 items to the geeklist. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that adding items to the GeekList via the OLWLG is much easier. It automatically highlights your collection based on the flags you've set (wishlist, for-trade, etc), and there should be a one-click method of adding each item to the GeekList.

I'm not sure if there is any kind of batch-add function that would let you automatically add multiple GeekList items at once.

As long as your BGG collection data is up to date, it's probably easier to wait and use the OLWLG to add your games to the GeekList.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike st clair
United States
baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
the math trade not showing up on the olwlg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There was some issues when JeffyJeff updated the OLWLG.

He is running a test trade to confirm that everything is working post-update, then the Game Days trade should show up.

So, it should be available in the OLWLG by tomorrow (hopefully).

You can read the thread regarding the current test trade here:
(quick) Math Trade to Test OLWLG Changes (USA only)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Trade is now active in the OLWLG!

Sorry for the delay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Submission window is now closed. We have a week to submit want lists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colls
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, Faranim, I noticed that most of your games don't have a description of condition. Obviously the list is locked down, but can you add those descriptions here? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything with a blank description/comment is in English, punched, and in good condition (only played a handful of times).

The copy of London has received a fair bit of play, but I'm pretty sure the components are fine (no marked cards, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The results are now online in the OLWLG. 9 out of 10 users had at least 1 trade. The official trade time is 4PM on Saturday, but feel free to arrange trades prior to that time.

I will leave a printout of the trade list near the Registration Desk - you can mark off the items you have already given/received.

Thanks everyone!

Hopefully BGG won't butcher the formatting to bad on this:

TradeMaximizer Version 1.4a
Input from: http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/172079-officialwants.txt
Options: ALLOW-DUMMIES REQUIRE-COLONS REQUIRE-USERNAMES HIDE-NONTRADES SHOW-ELAPSED-TIME ITERATIONS=30 SEED=74951 METRIC=USERS-TRADING

Input Checksum: dbd7df40b3f6726494fa6ee832a70a1
[ users trading = 9 ]

ITEM SUMMARY (16 total trades):

(BOBNABOB) 0035-ANDNET receives (NITESCREEN) 0059-MACAO and sends to (TAUNTDRAGOON) 0032-TTDO
(DYZZY) 0038-GTAE receives (TAUNTDRAGOON) 0051-MAM and sends to (SCOTJN1) 0043-SMAWOR
(FARANIM) 0003-EMIDOM receives (JONNYMUT) 0013-RUMIS and sends to (TAUNTDRAGOON) 0031-PANDE
(JONNYMUT) 0012-ARKHA receives (TAUNTDRAGOON) 0031-PANDE and sends to (RBYNAKER) 0034-TTRS
(JONNYMUT) 0013-RUMIS receives (POEPPAUL) 0077-NWT1D and sends to (FARANIM) 0003-EMIDOM
(JONNYMUT) 0021-LIVIN receives (POEPPAUL) 0080-IODN and sends to (POEPPAUL) 0080-IODN
(JONNYMUT) 0025-TATOR receives (TAUNTDRAGOON) 0032-TTDO and sends to (TAUNTDRAGOON) 0029-MAGWAR
(NITESCREEN) 0059-MACAO receives (RBYNAKER) 0034-TTRS and sends to (BOBNABOB) 0035-ANDNET
(POEPPAUL) 0077-NWT1D receives (TAUNTDRAGOON) 0029-MAGWAR and sends to (JONNYMUT) 0013-RUMIS
(POEPPAUL) 0080-IODN receives (JONNYMUT) 0021-LIVIN and sends to (JONNYMUT) 0021-LIVIN
(RBYNAKER) 0034-TTRS receives (JONNYMUT) 0012-ARKHA and sends to (NITESCREEN) 0059-MACAO
(SCOTJN1) 0043-SMAWOR receives (DYZZY) 0038-GTAE and sends to (TAUNTDRAGOON) 0051-MAM
(TAUNTDRAGOON) 0029-MAGWAR receives (JONNYMUT) 0025-TATOR and sends to (POEPPAUL) 0077-NWT1D
(TAUNTDRAGOON) 0031-PANDE receives (FARANIM) 0003-EMIDOM and sends to (JONNYMUT) 0012-ARKHA
(TAUNTDRAGOON) 0032-TTDO receives (BOBNABOB) 0035-ANDNET and sends to (JONNYMUT) 0025-TATOR
(TAUNTDRAGOON) 0051-MAM receives (SCOTJN1) 0043-SMAWOR and sends to (DYZZY) 0038-GTAE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike st clair
United States
baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
hey if anyone want to do there trade with me before saturday ill be free to do it any time since i get around by public transportaion the less i have to drag up with me on saturday the better and i should be there all 4 days

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.