Popular Tags: [View All]
Delton P.
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I perused the 'tube to find a gameplay video of a (unnamed) game, I came across this little gem, watched a gameplay video, and fell in love. Such a simple game, such a great layout and board.

Setup
What is there to set up? Not much. Very simple to get up and ready to go, since all you have to do is pick your colored dragon, shuffle the deck, and pass out three cards to start.

Game
I invited two of my daughters to come and try it out with me. The youngest (13 and super-competitive) and my middle (15 and just-want-to-have-fun) ones game down to the room to try it, and lasted through an entire 2 games before calling it quits.

Game 1 - Not too bad, some hesitation on how to move and over-thinking of where to place tiles. The youngest decided to go for the middle, and try to stay in a loop, while my middle just kept to the outside. I decided to link the two of their areas together, which worked out well, until I went and got trapped and ran off the board. They kept going and were able to stall until only 3 spots were left on the board. Middle daughter wins by stalling nicely.

Game 2 - They both decided to take each other out, and rush to the middle while I hang back. Now that they have the easy gameplay down, it's all about how to add sections and not get trapped. They (seemingly) enjoy it, but after only about 5 minutes, the game is done via a double-knockout. And they're done playing.

Wrap-up
Overall, a fun, quick, easy to play game. It will hold a spot as a filler between games, but not as much excitement with it as I thought they would have. Maybe it was that there were only 3 of us (recommended is 4 or 6, I know), and I'll try to get the wife and oldest involved next time, to see how that goes.

I still think it looks great, and could do a few more rounds with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Cruz

Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's one of those games that is more fun with more players. I am fond of this game. Easy to explain, easy to play, short. It's not my favorite, but it can be fun in the right setting; plus the game board and components are beautiful. Please, let us know how it goes when you do try it with more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at Metro. Similar idea but lasts longer and involves scoring rather than 'knockout'.

Tsuro is so quickly over that being knocked out early isn't too much of a pain, but with Metro you have several dogs in the fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.