Bel Aire
Kansas
flag msg tools
publisher
http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/gallerist-the/
badge
US Sales Manager for Eagle-Gryphon Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the great pleasure of demoing Fleet for Tabletop day 2014. This game was requested by Seth, who was attending the event at the FLGS I was demoing it.

Fleet is a super fun, simple card game that moves at a fast pace, even with four players you can quickly play a game in 45 minutes.

I went over the rules for everyone and flipped over the first four licenses up for auction. With two Cod, a Lobster, and a Processing Vessel license showing up, that's not a bad way to start off the game. At the end of this phase, everyone had purchased their first fishing license. Four more were flipped over so everyone could see the new licenses available for the next round. Daniel and I launched a boat, then decided to also captain them, doing this allowed us to catch some fish for first round.

The next few rounds were a little tough as money was pretty limited. The really cool aspect about Fleet is the multi-use cards. The cards are your boats, captains, and money. After the first round, Daniel and I had used all of our cards to purchase a license, launch a boat, and captain it.

Luckily, I was able to acquire a Tuna and Shrimp license later in the game that helped me make a good comeback. However, Seth and his King Crab license was able to catch the victory!

Fleet is a great card game that provides a great experience in less than an hour. I'll be looking forward to the next time I teach this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.