Subject: Energy Dissipator builds. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Albrecht
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
To start things off, I've got a silly Akorem build. The idea is to get use some fancy flying to get close enough to fire the ED and then steal something the next turn.

Resource: Flagship Independent (Romulan) (10)

Akorem (18)
Jean-Luc Picard (7)
Flagship (0)
Superior Intellect (5)
Boheeka (3)
Energy Dissipator (11)
Ship SP: 44

Total Build SP: 54

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kay
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IRW Valdore - 30
Picard - 7
Energy Dissipator - 11
Cyrano Jones - 4
Boheeka - 3

55 points, gives you 5 dice with battle stations. Has room for more and a secondary ship for finishing off the opponent if it can't itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FortuneFavorTheBold wrote:
IRW Valdore - 30
Picard - 7
Energy Dissipator - 11
Cyrano Jones - 4
Boheeka - 3

55 points, gives you 5 dice with battle stations. Has room for more and a secondary ship for finishing off the opponent if it can't itself.

It's basically the same idea (free battlestations+Boheeka for the hit), but here's the one I mentioned in the other thread (apologies to the AO-haters ):

Quote:
Kraxon (26)
Gul Dukat (5)
Captured Intelligence (3)
Boheeka (2)
Energy Dissipator (10)
Tetryon Emissions (3)
Ship SP: 49

I.R.W. Khazara (30)
Donatra (4)
Romulan Pilot (2)
Bochra (1)
Parem (1)
Cloaked Mines (3)
Ship SP: 41

Admiral's Order: United Force (0)
Resource: Hideki Class Attack Fighters (20)

Total Build SP: 110

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

In the first match it functioned exactly as intended; as we entered range 3 I fired the tetryons, next turn laid down the cloaked mines in his path, then dissipated his flagship and had the Khazara and Hidekis take it down. For the next two matches I resorted to Plan B: First Turn Romulan Pilot to DS9, followed by a weird battle of attrition.

Whoops, sorry, I dunno where that session report came from. Back to the build: in many ways it's less elegant than the original 4-ship (inc Hidekis) version, which I ultimately decided against because I didn't want Sar on the dissipator ship, and I really didn't want to fly such a crunchy and formation-dependent fleet in that scenario.

Quote:
Admiral's Order: United Force (0)
Resource: Hideki Class Attack Fighters (20)

Kraxon (26)
Gul Dukat (5)
Boheeka (2)
Ship SP: 33

Breen Battle Cruiser (24)
Sar (1)
Breen Aide (2)
Energy Dissipator (5)
Ship SP: 32

I.R.W. Praetus (14)
Donatra (4)
Additional Weapons Array (4)
Cloaked Mines (3)
Ship SP: 25

Total Build SP: 110

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came up with an idea for an OP build and I'm really surprised that no one else here has suggested it, especially for the ED.

Scotty!

Scotty on Gor Portas with Thot Pran. You have such a great chance of a 5 die ED attack going through it would be silly not to do it.

Breen ships have great maneuverability, you could even switch the Gor Portas for the Rav Laerst for that non-cloaked sensor echo to help close the gap...for those that have access to it at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few things that you need to make a ED build really work:

1) You really need some way to fix the dice on the ED attack. Boheeka (with a Target Lock), Breen Aide, or Thot Pran are all good choices.

2) Know how you're going to follow up with your ED ship. Antiproton Scan is a good choice for this, particularly if you have a method for getting a TL and/or Battlestations leading up to the attack, as that gives you a 5-die followup attack, along with any dice fixing that you have.

3) Most players see the ED as a pretty scary threat, so you'll either need to pay a premium to put it on a beefy ship that can take the fire that will be directed toward it, or provide them with a bigger threat to fire at on the lead up, ideally able to follow up the ED attack with a devastating attack of its own.

As for flying the ships, here are a few tips:

1) Where possible, you want to land just out of range 3 of their ship with yours. This makes it more likely to land at range 1 before they can fire at you without overshooting them with your move.

2) Because of the difficulty of pulling off the ED attack, you want the ED ship to be your lead ship, with your big stick(s) flying slightly back and to the side of your ED ship to maximize their ability to fire on the ED ship on the turn you pull off your attack.

That's what I've done with my successful builds with this weapon, so have fun and use it well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kay
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Borg-Breen combos will see use at some point- the movement debuff from the Tractor Beam combined with the Energy Dissipator seems like a killer combination.

Hell, the Tractor Beam makes anything with a range restriction so much easier to use. Jem'Hadar crew, Muon Feedback Wave, any Mines....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Albrecht
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Resource: Flagship Independent (Klingon) (10)

U.S.S. Reliant (20)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Flagship (0)
In'Cha (6)
Superior Intellect (5)
Mr. Spock (5)
Boheeka (3)
Energy Dissipator (11)
Cloaking Device (9)
Ship SP: 65

Cardassian Keldon Class (24)
Sar (1)
Ship SP: 25

Total Build SP: 100

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.