Subject: What have I forever missed by not backing this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm moderately interested in picking up the game but I know there were some exclusives that I missed out on. Are these exclusives kickstarter only? What can I not pick up later?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You missed out on the Spriggan figure (I did too, for some reason I thought it was just included in the game as a thank you for kickstarting kind of like how Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients did with their exclusive figure, but no, it was a $10 extra). Everything else was not exclusive and will probably be released in some expansion pack.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
You missed out on the Spriggan figure (I did too, for some reason I thought it was just included in the game as a thank you for kickstarting kind of like how Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients did with their exclusive figure, but no, it was a $10 extra). Everything else was not exclusive and will probably be released in some expansion pack.

-shnar

There were definitely more exclusives, Twilight Knight being the most obvious. I believe it is also completely exclusive to this campaign.

Some of the exclusives may be offered in future campaigns (i.e. Brian has said Donnchadh definitely will be), but they are technically "Kickstarter Exclusive" but not necessarily exclusive to this campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
You missed out on the Spriggan figure
And as I understand it, they will be releasing a Druid figure as an expansion that uses basically the same deck and other game mechanics as the Spriggan. So you won't even be missing out on the game play, just the actual physical mini.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually Bryce, there were other exclusives.

The Kickstarter metal coins (cosmetic only) that replace cardboard coins

Kickstarter metal nameplates (cosmetic only) that replace cardboard class nameplates

The Torchbearer follower character - a metal miniature with a few rules

The Twilight Knight - an enemy Agent (mini-boss essentially)

Donchadh - another enemy agent

The Trickster - a KS exclusive Hero class.

I may have missed something else. The Spriggan was the only exclusive Add-On.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Yarborough
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Torchbearer figure. There will be a Druid figure that has the same rules as the Sprigan, so that's not much of a loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Turner
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
shnar wrote:
You missed out on the Spriggan figure
And as I understand it, they will be releasing a Druid figure as an expansion that uses basically the same deck and other game mechanics as the Spriggan. So you won't even be missing out on the game play, just the actual physical mini.

It's been discussed elsewhere that there may be some other changes between Spriggan and Druid than just the figure. I haven't seen any details, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the KS page, others that Charlie didn't mention:
- Rat miniboss
- Conner the dog miniboss
- KS Story Quests
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
If the original project page is to be believed (and I see no reason yet why it shouldn't be), here's the list of exclusives...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-0?ref=b...

Twilight Knight (not specifically listed as exclusive but "limited")

Rat mini-boss

Trickster hero

Metal coins/tokens

Conner mini boss

10 Story card/quest pack

Torchbearer follower

Spriggan hero
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:
I'm moderately interested in picking up the game but I know there were some exclusives that I missed out on. Are these exclusives kickstarter only? What can I not pick up later?

People are turned off enough on the game thanks to the rules issues (discussed extensively elsewhere) that if you wanted to pick up someone's KS copy, I am confident you could do so without going too much into hock.

That said, there are exclusives, but the real "get" with KS versus retail is the sort of ludicrous savings. I think an Apprentice level pledge was something like five or six hundred dollars at retail for, um, $150?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
charlest wrote:

??? I see no mention of this on the page, what is this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Turner
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fh13 wrote:
charlest wrote:

??? I see no mention of this on the page, what is this?

He was the creation of the Trickster level backer, Duncan. That pledge level let you create a character to add to the Myth universe. The other pledge at that level added the Twilight Knight, as the creator of Kingdom Death bought it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
Well, I wouldnt say the KS exclusives are forever missed.

A sizable chunk of people are turned off by the rulebook issues and are selling so you could potentially get them from ebay for non-exorbent prices.

There are rumors of an expansion KS so some of the exclusives may be on there.

I wouldnt expect to see the Twilight Knight again tho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see about 6 copies of Myth for sale on ebay. Even if I were off by another half dozen, I would hardly call that a "sizable chunk". whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
Wait until after the 2nd shipment comes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank B
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:

More to the title of the thread, but you missed a gigantic headache and days of research here on BGG to play the game properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:
Spielguy wrote:

People are turned off enough on the game thanks to the rules issues (discussed extensively elsewhere) that if you wanted to pick up someone's KS copy, I am confident you could do so without going too much into hock.

That said, there are exclusives, but the real "get" with KS versus retail is the sort of ludicrous savings. I think an Apprentice level pledge was something like five or six hundred dollars at retail for, um, $150?

Well, after all the addons it was closer to $300+, but yea, still a crazy value compared to retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:

Brent if I make it to game night on 11th, I'll bring my copy. I don't know the rules yet but have watched many videos and am excited for the revised rulebook.

Edit: Plus I did pickup a second copy. not sure if I am keeping it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the most telling thing non-backers missed is the Kickstarter Exclusive Quest Booklet that contains 30 act quests divided into 10 Stories.

As is, the retail box doesn't contain enough quests to really even begin developing your characters much due to having to complete a three act story to gain any benefit.

Someone will probably pdf these for everyone to have access to, but it is pretty lame to have them exclusive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone! At this point I think I'm just taking a pass on Myth. I don't want to commit a lot of funds to it straight out and hate to feel like I missed something because parts were exclusive. If I get a chance to play with Jeff at a later date I will take it, but for now there are plenty of other games to look at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What have I forever missed by not backing this?
The $13,00 worldwide shipping...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
topera wrote:
What have I forever missed by not backing this?
The $13,00 worldwide shipping...
Alas, you are likely to never see that again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JimbobJones wrote:

If I remember, don't alot of the KS quests require stuff from the KS? Minions/bosses/etc. I don't think they'd be playable from the core set without a LOT of upgrades.

Considering the core set isn't even fully playable without a few upgrades, this would make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a few backers are describing the gameplay as "bland", so I'd say start contacting backers who don't like the *gameplay* and offer a trade or $$. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.