Quest Crawler» Forums » General

Subject: How are you playing this game (house rules/interpretations) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deathworks
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Checking the creator's profile, it seems that he has ceased his activities here at BGG. Finally getting around to giving this game a try, I have found some of the rules rather vague and am considering how to clarify them (or maybe I am simply missing something. As I assume that there will be various items that are open for debate, I am creating this general thread to discuss the issues (and hope others mention the things they noticed as well).

1. Quests:
i.
The rules say that you can have up to 2 quests, but I don't see any section saying where or how you can get a second quest as you get the mandatory single quest only if you don't have any quests at all.
My interpretation: You can get a second quest if you start another turn in the city
ii. The rules do not say anything about the loot of enemies you have to defeat.
My interpretation: Personally, I don't like artifical modifications like removing the loot from enemies just because of the quest status. However, if using the normal loot rules, I am worried that this may result in the loot outweighing the quest reward. But then again, this would ensure that quests pay off (^_^;;

2. Enemies:
i.
For my first quest, I was tasked to defeat 6 goblins (I know, horrible luck with the die). Goblins are listed as holding weapons - what does that mean? Does this mean that I generate a weapon for each goblin individually (including rolling for magical attributes)? And do the weapons go into the loot (so, if I succeeded in the quest, would I get six weapons)?
My interpretation: I prefer to design adventures 'realistically'. So, I would rather create the weapons for the goblins and have them in the loot. However, this could make the fight against the goblins quite nasty (if one or more gets a magical weapon (^_^;; ). On the other hand, this may pay off.

3. Starting Equipment:
i.
The way the rules are written, it seems as if the characters basically start naked without any weapons but their fists and not a single coin in their pocket. This feels a bit odd (^_^;;
My interpretation: I think I will try it without any starting equipment (making me fear that first quest - 3 unarmed heroes against 6 armed goblins (T_T) ). But I have my doubts about it.

Any thoughts on my questions/solutions? Maybe anything I have missed? Or maybe some suggestions for alternative solutions? And if you have any thoughts about something else in the game, please feel free to use this thread to discuss them.

Yours,
Deathworks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.