Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Geistwhite
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
1. Can Reinforcements be delayed?

2.The rules state: "A Russian unit located in a Fortress City is always in supply."
If a unit in a Fortress can NOT trace a supply line (5 hexes max to a controlled city or East board edge) can it receive Replacements?

3. Is an empty Fortress that has not been occupied by the enemy AND can NOT trace a supply line (5 hexes max to a controlled city or East board edge) permitted to receive a Reinforcement?

Thanks
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No
2. Yes but 1 per turn
3. No
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jgeist wrote:
2.The rules state: "A Russian unit located in a Fortress City is always in supply."
If a unit in a Fortress can NOT trace a supply line (5 hexes max to a controlled city or East board edge) can it receive Replacements?

cartking24 wrote:
2. Yes but 1 per turn

That answer ("but 1 per turn") surprised me; the rules say:
rules wrote:
Units in enemy ZOC may only add 1 SP per turn. A unit not in
enemy ZOC may add as many steps as a player wants as long as
they do not exceed their maximum SP.

So if the fortress city is not in supply BUT is also not in an EZOC, then the rules seem to imply that you can buy more than 1 step for the unit in it, since the unit is not in an EZOC and the unit is supplied (automatically by its fortress city).

Is this an exception which isn't in the rules, or am I missing it somewhere in the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Russ,
Think of a fortress city that's not in EZOC but is OOS as a place that can keep a unit supplied, BUT ONLY TO A LIMITED EXTENT (it does not have a supply chain to the outside world, but it has a limited stock of supplies and therefore the unit can only replace one SP per turn). I'm going on the premise that a fortress city (in any era) would've been stocked with limited supplies to hold out for a time. In this context the 'BUT one per turn' makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
msgt pepe wrote:
Russ,
Think of a fortress city that's not in EZOC but is OOS as a place that can keep a unit supplied, BUT ONLY TO A LIMITED EXTENT (it does not have a supply chain to the outside world, but it has a limited stock of supplies and therefore the unit can only replace one SP per turn). I'm going on the premise that a fortress city (in any era) would've been stocked with limited supplies to hold out for a time. In this context the 'BUT one per turn' makes sense.

To be clear, I'm not disagreeing with whether it's realistic/plausible; I'm just surprised since this interpretation did not seem to be at all mentioned anywhere in the rules (which overall are relatively clear & complete rules, and they say "A unit not in enemy ZOC may add as many steps as a player wants as long as they do not exceed their maximum SP.")

So I wondered if I'm somehow overlooking it in the rules somewhere. (Apparently it's not in the rules and is thus essentially errata?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I gave my interpretation to try to make sense out of Worthington's answer, but I see now that the rules don't say that a unit must be supplied to add replacements. So I agree with you that unless Worhtington left something out, his answer doesn't make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.