BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Help and How-To

Subject: Is it possible to remove threads you made? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Garza
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Apparently no one likes concepts and ideas here so i was hoping i could remove my threads until i have a finished game to talk about and show off. Is this possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BonesOfRuin wrote:
Apparently no one likes concepts and ideas here so i was hoping i could remove my threads until i have a finished game to talk about and show off. Is this possible?

Not really. An admin can delete a whole thread, but not the original poster.

You can delete your posts, but if someone else has made a comment in the thread, then their post remains and the thread gets really weird to read. In general, deleting posts is not a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
BonesOfRuin wrote:
Apparently no one likes concepts and ideas here so i was hoping i could remove my threads until i have a finished game to talk about and show off.

Absolutely far from the truth.

This place is awash with unfinished ideas and concepts.

They just need to be presented in a compelling and complete manner and an open mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Jewell
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
BonesOfRuin wrote:

I'll be honest, I saw your other threads and did not reply because several of your comments in reply to others came off as snarky and defensive.

Even your first sentence of this thread gives that vibe. This is a small community so I would suggest you consider how and what you say because that may determine the community's response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
This place is awash with unfinished ideas and concepts.

They just need to be presented in a compelling and complete manner and an open mind.

I concur. Also, it helps if you don't sound like a jerk when replying to criticism.

A comment from another thread:
Celinashope wrote:
You have 3 different art styles, which don't go together.

Choose a style & stick with it.

The OP's reply:
BonesOfRuin wrote:
So what your saying is: "your being to creative, innovative, and experimental for your own good, stop that! Please stop being so creative and trying new things so i can feel better about not being as creative as you"

ok man, ill think about it, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
A comment from another thread:
Celinashope wrote:
You have 3 different art styles, which don't go together.

Choose a style & stick with it.

The OP's reply:
BonesOfRuin wrote:
So what your saying is: "your being to creative, innovative, and experimental for your own good, stop that! Please stop being so creative and trying new things so i can feel better about not being as creative as you"

ok man, ill think about it, lol.

Wow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't go deleting your posts, Jesse. You've had what looks like some reasonable feedback in your threads. The thing is that this forum is all about the game play and people really want to talk about how your game works, and if you give them a chance, that advice can be very valuable.

The problem is that we have seen a lot of people come in, show off some ideas and refuse to listen to criticism (sometimes being really rude to the people who have been trying to help). Generally this sort of thing results in a couple of weeks of noise and then the newcomer going away in a bad mood and never coming back, having decided that we are all scum here.

Sometimes these people calm down and realise that they may have started badly, and they can then really make some progress and become a valued part of the community.

Incidentally, if you want to talk artwork, there is an art & graphic design forum that may be better for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanen Opolis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This guy has been getting way too much attention, lol!
Any chance I could get some legitimate criticism for my own game? :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shanenopolis wrote:

Yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanen Opolis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormtower wrote:
Shanenopolis wrote:

Yes!

It's right here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1152353/arsenal-arena-combat...
But quickly moving off the main page from neglect :'(

Mine's a little more polished that Jesse's, and heading to Kickstarter in about 5 months. Any feedback would be appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
Pustulant Donkey
badge
Canadian Ghost
mbmbmbmbmb
You could delete your account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shanenopolis wrote:
Stormtower wrote:
[q="Shanenopolis"]This guy has been getting way too much attention, lol!

Your game is also presented well and respectfully posted and you do not have any grammar or spelling mistakes. Additionally you seem polite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BonesOfRuin wrote:

1: No. You cannot delete threads. BGG Admin have in the past stated that this is to prevent erasure of discussions.

2: People will give all sorts of advice. Some good. Some VERY bad. The trick is to sort out and decide what is viable to you and then keep on plugging away.

I have had people here deliberately work to derail projects and I have had people here being very helpfull. and I have worked to the sound of crickets. Over time you get it all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no need to take your ball and go home. It's all a learning experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.