Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question on how to resolve the National Loyalty triggers on cards 13 (Czech x2), 15 (Croat x2), 20 (Random x2), 32 (Croat x2) and 34 (Hungarian x2). When the card states x2, do we roll one die to see if the loyalty changes or do we roll twice? If we roll one die and loyalty fails, then I would assume that the loyalty track is adjusted two to the left. If we roll two dice and the first check fails but the second passes then we'd move only one to the left. The second example is how I've been playing this but I could be wrong whistle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Fortuna
msg tools
You have been playing correctly. You roll for the national loyalty twice and lower it one (if needed) for each roll.

Kevin Fortuna
Game Developer,
Victory Point Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply...phew! Thought I may have been playing that one wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hiske
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am wondering if it cost one or two actions for Adjusting National Loyalties? It seems like the sequence of play on the board implies two actions and the rule book one action. I have been playing it as two actions, but one action seems to make more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Fortuna
msg tools
The rulebook is right. Adjusting National Loyalties only costs one action. Repairing Przemyśl and buying off map Resources are the only actions that cost 2 actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pericles Boutos
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I take it that with Random(x2) you roll twice for the same randomly determined nationality rather than once for each of two different randomly determined ones.

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes...see my original post and answer...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.