Popular Tags: [View All]
Stven Carlberg
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark had brought the new edition of Shark along at my request, so when the table split up into two games, it was Mark, Jim, Philip and me for Shark. Mark explained the game, which is like Acquire (shares of stock) but different from Acquire (no mergers -- the smaller company is obliterated rather than absorbed), and commented that he felt his mistake in his previous playing had been not selling out his shares of companies in time, and we jumped into it. It was a pretty interesting game! Although you could see how somebody could get seriously hurt by a "shark" company growing to abut a smaller company and thus knock it off the board, that actually never happened in our game without enough warning for the players holding the stock in the smaller company to sell out before the damage was done. (With a six-player game, this danger would be greater.) So we all played fairly conservative strategies, taking so few chances that we actually ran the bank out of money, and in the end I had the best total, $664,000 to Philip's $618,000. It was a good game, one I won't mind playing again, though at a solid hour and a half it did run longer than anticipated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.