Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for these two Shogi variants, They seem to only be available from Japan.

The first one is called: Goro-Goro Dōbutsu Shōgi.

Box

Components

The second and larger one is called: 'Dobutsu Shogi in the Greenwood'. There are two editions of this game I think. The one pictured here with the cardboard box and the card playing board is the one I'm looking for. The other edition (the one I don't want) comes in a wooden box with a cloth playing board.

I'm having trouble sourcing this edition pictured.

Box

Components

Importing these games from Japan is going to be really expensive after I've factored in the custom tax and handling fees. I could avoid both if they were shipped as a gift from a friend. Online stores can't do this.

If someone can get hold of these two games I'll send them the money upfront through Paypal covering ALL expenses and Paypal fees.

Thank you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure you'll find someone, but if all else fails, I can get you the games when I go to Japan for Game Market in the beginning of June.

Send me a GM at the end of May unless you have caught someone by then. I am good friends with the designer, and she should have a couple of copies left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ewen Pearson
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing you've probably already checked these sites?
http://shop.nekomado.com/user_data/partners.php

It looks like they have cloth boards rather than card boards at the moment.

I did a rough price check on http://shop.nekomado.com/ and it looks like around £60 for the two games including delivery and VAT but not including the customs handling fee. Ouch!

Let me know if you do find a cheaper way of getting them as I'd love copies too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whosearmy wrote:
I'm guessing you've probably already checked these sites?

It looks like they have cloth boards rather than card boards at the moment.

I did a rough price check on http://shop.nekomado.com/ and it looks like around £60 for the two games including delivery and VAT but not including the customs handling fee. Ouch!

Let me know if you do find a cheaper way of getting them as I'd love copies too.

Yes I'd seen Nekomado and their cloth boards. They were showing photos of the card board in their description though which confused me. I did contact them about it but it took them a while to get back to me. Apparently they are selling the cardboard edition and the site just needs updating properly.

I have just bit the bullet and made an order from them for both of the games listed above and the Dobutsu books. I made the decision after receiving Let's Catch the Lion! it is absolutely stunning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ewen Pearson
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arctic Jack wrote:

I have just bit the bullet and made an order from them for both of the games listed above and the Dobutsu books. I made the decision after receiving Let's Catch the Lion! it is absolutely stunning.

I am very tempted to do the same, particularly after my niece and nephew played Animal Shogi on Android today and really liked it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the end Bernard decided to ship it directly to himself. In any case, if any of you guys is interested and needs help with Japanese...my offer to help is still there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is wrong, but it might be cheaper to buy from their German partner. one of their partners:

http://www.hebsacker-verlag.de/dobutsu-shogi-magnetisch-p-50...

Obviously, that's a magnetic edition. But you wouldn't be paying Customs when buying inside the EU. You might ask Hebsacker if they have the particular items you want.

This doesn't help Bernard but might help others later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Bollom
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw these while out shopping at a bookstore in a big shopping complex yesterday. Looks like you've already found a way to get them.

I probably couldn't have bought at retail price and shipped internationally for any cheaper than what you found. They look like nice games! Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bwbollom wrote:
I saw these while out shopping at a bookstore in a big shopping complex yesterday. Looks like you've already found a way to get them.

I probably couldn't have bought at retail price and shipped internationally for any cheaper than what you found. They look like nice games! Enjoy!

We'd probably avoid tax and handling charges if you sent them. Nice find. There are some games I don't recognise on that shelf. I think I can spot the games I was looking for on the far left and right. Also there is Let's Catch the Lion. Just left of centre there are two small green boxes then an even smaller orange box which don't look familiar but look like they're from the same series. Any idea what they are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
森のどうぶつパズル (green one)
Mori no Doubutsu Pazuru (Forest Animal Puzzle)

and

どうぶつパズル (orange one)
Doubutsu Pazuru (Animal Puzzle)

Other ones are GEGEGE no Kitaro Shogi, and Ultraman Shogi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Bollom
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arctic Jack wrote:
bwbollom wrote:

We'd probably avoid tax and handling charges if you sent them. Nice find. There are some games I don't recognise on that shelf. I think I can spot the games I was looking for on the far left and right. Also there is Let's Catch the Lion. Just left of centre there are two small green boxes then an even smaller orange box which don't look familiar but look like they're from the same series. Any idea what they are?

Oh, I didn't even think about any tax / handling charges. I just happened upon them while at the bookstore. I saw that they had a little game section in the kids' books area, so I figured I'd take a look and thought I recognized the ones from your post. Don't really know any of the games there, just snapped the photo with my cell phone so I could pass along the info. I think it's a Kinokuniya Bookstore...they're everywhere, but not sure if all of them carry games since this was the first time I'd noticed that section.

dezza wrote:
森のどうぶつパズル (green one)
Mori no Doubutsu Pazuru (Forest Animal Puzzle)

and

どうぶつパズル (orange one)
Doubutsu Pazuru (Animal Puzzle)

Other ones are GEGEGE no Kitaro Shogi, and Ultraman Shogi.

Cool info! Thanks for posting that. I wasn't paying enough attention to the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doubutsu Shogi is now on Amazon.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hough
United Kingdom
Cornwall
flag msg tools
Is there a way to get these now in the uk?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bwbollom wrote:

Which Kinokuniya was that? Sorry to hijack the thread for a moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.