Galaxy Trucker» Forums » General

Subject: It finally happened! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
russell gowlett
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was teaching 3 new players Galaxy Trucker last night (using the 2nd expansion). 3 cards into the first flight, we pulled the Hazardous sector card. Very next card was level 2 hazardous sector. Very next card was level 3 hazardous sector! Classic! soblue
(in case you are wandering, I did shuffle the cards!

Needless to say, no one finished the flight whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem now is that you have 3 players that won't want to play the game again.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
russell gowlett
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
not really! 2 of them did ok in the other 2 flights, and as I was playing with the boards from the extra ships expansion, I came third, so they have not ended up horribly massacred!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
The problem now is that you have 3 players that won't want to play the game again.

Oh I don't know, I'm pretty sure my favourite bit about my first game or two of Galaxy Trucker was getting utterly destroyed. In fact it got a bit more boring when I starting building decent ships ^^.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
Oh I don't know, I'm pretty sure my favourite bit about my first game or two of Galaxy Trucker was getting utterly destroyed. In fact it got a bit more boring when I starting building decent ships ^^.

Go to level IV ships.

You know how level IV ships allow you to take insurance against getting more than 17 damage, if you pay 4?

"No way we will get more than 17 damage! What a ridiculous concept that you have to pay 4 and then still have a risk of 17!"

Yes, that's what we thought...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:
Smoothsmith wrote:

Go to level IV ships.

You know how level IV ships allow you to take insurance against getting more than 17 damage, if you pay 4?

"No way we will get more than 17 damage! What a ridiculous concept that you have to pay 4 and then still have a risk of 17!"

Yes, that's what we thought...

And that's the lowest Class IV insurance limit - which is already practically an entire Class I ship...

It is possible to build a Class IV ship which makes it through the round intact - but not generally possible for everyone around the table to build one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.