Hide
10 Posts

Jamaica» Forums » General

Subject: 5 copies of the rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shield Cast
msg tools
Did anyone elses come with 5 copies of the rules?

Edit: Yup different languages; I am stupid for not checking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
are you sure each copy isn't in a different language? That's not that uncommon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Different languages. I simply put them under the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Langston
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, they're all different languages. As hard as it was to get a copy, I freaked out when I originally opened up my box and found a French rulebook staring at me. It wasn't until I dug a little deeper that I realized that all was well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, pretty typical multi lingual versions of the rules. Incidentally, I don't know if it's just the Gameworks version which I own, but I really love the way the rules are laid out. Like an actual treasure map. Very creative and theme immersive as you read through. It wouldn't be a bad idea to take one of the extra copies and frame it for your game room wall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shield Cast
msg tools
I like and dislike the treasure map rules. It makes it really thematic and nice, however quickly checking a rule for clarity is a pain in the a**

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny M
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShieldCast wrote:
I like and dislike the treasure map rules. It makes it really thematic and nice, however quickly checking a rule for clarity is a pain in the a**

This is part of the reason I love BGG...

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/30346/universal-head-jamai...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Labrat01 Labrat01
msg tools
My only complaint with the multiple copies of the rules is that it must have affected game cost. Unlike every other game on the planet, you print whatever language is necessary for the audience being sold to. To have included multiple languages must have cost more...and thus, cost more to buy the game? I know I know, just about everything you buy these days has instructions in multiple languages but come on, this is a board game - limited quantities

It's not a toaster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Srdj
Croatia
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the thing is that it's easier for them to print it this way with all languages in one box. It would save them money in the end. Imagine they printed separate boxes for each language, they might then have too many copies of one language in supply and no demand for it... Printing a couple thousand copies in one go assures demand for the game everywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MannyM wrote:
ShieldCast wrote:

This is part of the reason I love BGG...

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/30346/universal-head-jamai...

THANK-YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.