Michael Commorato
United States
Staten Island
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We've all had it and we all still get it - that 'butterfly', 'tickly' stomach-thing as:
a) We're waiting for that fresh, new board game to be delivered by post!
b) We're travelling home WITH the Board Game in our possession and we can't get home quick enough to rip it open and 'smell' it!

Either way, it's an exciting feeling - one that only a true board-gamer can feel - and yet, difficult to describe!

Although I've had many 'stomach-flutters' over the years, my most memorable one was waiting for the 2nd release of Mage Knight!
My goodness - the few-week wait was agony - my brain, eyes and body did not act efficiently as my head swam over the pending delivery!

And, suddenly - the wait was over - a parcel at the door!
With a huge smile on my face as I ripped open the carton, brushed away the packing popcorn and saw the letters 'ge Kni' peeking from underneath - I knew my gaming life would change in the next 5 minutes!

...ahem...maybe I'm over-doing it a bit...just maybe...whistle

Can't be just me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't quite get the butterfly in stomach feeling but whenever I am going to my local once a month meetup that has a player base of 50ish people I will get really excited.

I will get so excited that I can't sleep like a kid who is going on a field trip or vacation. The meetup will start at 11am on Sunday but I will wake up at 6 or 7 even though I usually sleep in during the weekends.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Chell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmmn, that smell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.