Ray Saltrelli
United States
Hilton
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I shopped around for some acrylic credit tokens and didn't really find any that I liked so I found a guy on Etsy to make me some custom ones. Here's what we came up with. I decided to keep it generic by modeling them more after real life cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin instead of something Netrunner specific. This way they could be used in other scifi games.

What do you think?

If you want some of your own, contact Roberto Sand on Etsy. Tell him I sent you. $60 for 50 tokens in mixed denominations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty cool, but the 25 one is useless (and yes I know it's not that hard to get to 30+ creds but do you really need that 25 of them would be on 1 chip I think not). Would be better if there was 2 instead of 25. 2 is useful for so many things (Armitage Codebusting, Magnum Opus, Daily Casts, Eve Campaign...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally love using these http://www.miniongames.com/store/accessories/metal-coins.htm... for my credit tokens. Love the clink sound they make.

I own x2 of the 1s, 2s, 3s and 5s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the double entendre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
I personally love using these http://www.miniongames.com/store/accessories/metal-coins.htm... for my credit tokens. Love the clink sound they make.

Wow these are pretty sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Saltrelli
United States
Hilton
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the 25 more with future uses in mind. For me, this was not just about Netrunner but expanding my gaming rig. I have these gold dragons for A Game of Thrones (or other fantasy games) and now these credit tokens for scifi games.

Although, 25 credit tokens would get a little more use now that GRNDL and GRNDL Refinery are out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:

Yeah I saw those in Apreche's videos...they look really nice. Makes me wish I had been able to do the KS for them, would have been much cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Saltrelli
United States
Hilton
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:

Yeah, a guy in my play group has those. They're nice. I think Minion Games is out of stock of all except 1s though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
reymundo514 wrote:
I got the 25 more with future uses in mind. For me, this was not just about Netrunner but expanding my gaming rig. I have these gold dragons for A Game of Thrones (or other fantasy games) and now these credit tokens for scifi games.

Although, 25 credit tokens would get a little more use now that GRNDL and GRNDL Refinery are out there.

I bought a bag of the Silver Pirate Coins, love them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reymundo514 wrote:

What you have to think about though, is how often are you going to be spending 25 credits all at once? Essentially you are just converting to a 25-credit chip and then having to convert back when you go to spend it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
reymundo514 wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

Yeah, a guy in my play group has those. They're nice. I think Minion Games is out of stock of all except 1s though.

No!!!!! They just recently restocked! It's limited stock until they get their shipment in 3 months. I've been getting friends to order now if they want to grab some.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Saltrelli
United States
Hilton
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MavericK96 wrote:
reymundo514 wrote:

What you have to think about though, is how often are you going to be spending 25 credits all at once? Essentially you are just converting to a 25-credit chip and then having to convert back when you go to spend it.

I hear ya. 25s might not be that useful for Netrunner. I'm just thinking outside this one game is all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
reymundo514 wrote:
MavericK96 wrote:
reymundo514 wrote:

I hear ya. 25s might not be that useful for Netrunner. I'm just thinking outside this one game is all.

I could have used them here. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Saltrelli
United States
Hilton
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL! Nice! What are those tokens you're using for virus counters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
reymundo514 wrote:
LOL! Nice! What are those tokens you're using for virus counters?

http://musedfable.com/?q=node/141

These are what I'm using.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like them, but instead of 25, I'd rather see 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Schreyer
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like these tokens that Team Covenant put out. "Like" as in I like how they look but can't justify buying them (yet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chandler
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

Wow these are pretty sweet.

I bought a set of these (actually two) and I love them. If you're not using dice to count your money I highly suggest them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trachalio wrote:
I really like these tokens that Team Covenant put out. "Like" as in I like how they look but can't justify buying them (yet).

I have some on order, the are so far the best looking acrylics imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reymundo514 wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

The guy who owns Minion owns a store a half-mile from my work. He noted that they're going to make more, and sell them direct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trachalio wrote:

If they had 2- and 3- credit tokens as well, it would be an insta-buy from me. As is, I might still get some but I'd rather enhance my gameplay experience in addition to having snazzy-looking tokens than just the latter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Saltrelli
United States
Hilton
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The final product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
reymundo514 wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

No!!!!! They just recently restocked! It's limited stock until they get their shipment in 3 months. I've been getting friends to order now if they want to grab some.

Went to potentially order some, and noticed the 3s were gone off the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought a bunch of 1s, 3s, and 5s. If anyone wants to buy any for what I paid for them, LMK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many sets of each metal token do you think would be enough for 2 players?

I was thinking 2x of 1s, 2s and 3s, and 1x of 5s. But maybe more 1s and less 3s?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.