Nat Li
msg tools
mbmb
1) if the project has both supremacy and coop dogma, does that mean the supreme dogma triggers only for the player who played the project and the coop dogma triggers for everyone who qualifies to perform it? And, if the coop dogma benefits another player, the player who put the project in play gets to draw a bonus card?

2)echoes: lets say a splayed pile has 3 echos visible. The owner activates the top card in play. Does this mean after each echo is resolved, the owner gets to draw 1 bonus card if at least one other player benefits (meaning potentially getting more than 1 reward card. Or, does the owner resolve the whole pile echoes along with the top card, and then gain just one card if someone else benefit somewhere along the resolution of the echoes and the top card?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Latto
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
alafter wrote:
1) if the project has both supremacy and coop dogma, does that mean the supreme dogma triggers only for the player who played the project and the coop dogma triggers for everyone who qualifies to perform it? And, if the coop dogma benefits another player, the player who put the project in play gets to draw a bonus card?

That's correct.
Quote:

2)echoes: lets say a splayed pile has 3 echos visible. The owner activates the top card in play. Does this mean after each echo is resolved, the owner gets to draw 1 bonus card if at least one other player benefits (meaning potentially getting more than 1 reward card. Or, does the owner resolve the whole pile echoes along with the top card, and then gain just one card if someone else benefit somewhere along the resolution of the echoes and the top card?

Thank you.

The latter. Echos work just like multiple dogmas on a card; execute each of them individually, with other players 'benefitting' as appropriate (I put the word in quotes because they have to do what the dogma says, which may hurt them rather than benefitting them; I'm assuming 'benefit' is what Iello calls 'share'), and finally, after all dogmas are performed, if any other player benefitted, you get one bonus card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Li
msg tools
mbmb
Thnx andy. All cleared up now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"he MUST activate-and share-the project's dogmas." ?
alafter wrote:

One unclear thing remained.
In IELLO version of rulebook activation od project is mandatory. It was optional in Asmadi version.
Is is a misprint and why IELLO changed in if it wasn't?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Latto
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rafal100 wrote:
alafter wrote:

In IELLO version of rulebook activation od project is mandatory. It was optional in Asmadi version.

I'm not sure what you mean by "activation od project", but if you mean what the Asmadi edition calls "sharing", it's mandatory in the Asmadi edition and always has been. If I dogma a card, and you have as many or more of the key symbol, you must take the dogma action as well, though of course if the action says "may", you don't have to do the part after the word "may".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) project "he MUST activate-and share-the project's dogmas."
andylatto wrote:
rafal100 wrote:
alafter wrote:

In IELLO version of rulebook activation OF project is mandatory. It was optional in Asmadi version.

I'm not sure what you mean by "activation od project", but if you mean what the Asmadi edition calls "sharing", it's mandatory in the Asmadi edition and always has been. If I dogma a card, and you have as many or more of the key symbol, you must take the dogma action as well, though of course if the action says "may", you don't have to do the part after the word "may".

Sharing and draw on sharing was mandatory in base game and remained mandatory in epxansions.
There is difference in manuals whenever Dogma/activation of card melded/played from Forecast/Projects is mandatory.

I mean that in manual
electronic version (IELLO)
http://bgg.cc/filepage/94637/english-rules-for-iello-version
(page 3 bottom of right colunm) is written "If he does, he MUST activate-and share-the project's dogmas.". Same error is in officual manula on IEELO page.

In Asmadi manual, Asmadi player board for Echoes, in online implementation Dogma action on cards melded from forecast is OPTIONAL.
It was mentioned on BGG last year , and there was no OFFICIAL response whenever this is deliberate change or editor's error.

I think this is an error, deliberate change probably would be announced and explained.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Chudyk
msg tools
designer
Hmm, the Iello rules do say 'must' for dogmaing newly-melded projects in the rules, when they should say 'may' like in the Asmadi version for cards melded from the forecast. My apologies for not catching this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cchudyk wrote:
Hmm, the Iello rules do say 'must' for dogmaing newly-melded projects in the rules, when they should say 'may' like in the Asmadi version for cards melded from the forecast. My apologies for not catching this.

Thank you for confirmation, but it will be probably disredarded by IELLO as errors in the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.