Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
The rulebook says:
Impulse rulebook, MINERALS, wrote:
Each icon on a mineral card becomes a gem ...
and
Impulse rulebook, BOOSTING, wrote:
... if you have minerals matching the color of the action card, the number is boosted by 1 for every 2 gems you have of that color. ... if the action is a card on the Sector Map, you count each transport you moved onto the card as a matching mineral. So if you moved onto an empty red card with 2 of your transports, and had 4 red minerals, you would activate it at +3.

Should the final two instances of “mineral” and “minerals” read “gem” and “gems”?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. Strathmeyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep! Best to think of minerals and gems as interchangeable.

Here are some examples:

- I have 3 red gems. I move a transport onto a red card. I am now able to boost this card by two, because I can act as if I have a total of 4 gems.

- I have 1 green gem. I move three transports onto a green card. I am now able to boost this card by two because I can act as if I have a total of 4 gems.

- I have 2 blue gems. I move one transport onto a blue card which already has a transport. I can only boost this card by 1, because I can only act as if I have 3 gems: 2 real blue gems + 1 transport being moved onto the card.

- I have 3 blue gems and 2 green gems. I move three transports onto the sector core and activate its power. I am able to boost this card by 3 and score a total of 4 points, because I can choose the color of gem (so I choose blue) and I can then act as if I have 6 gems: 3 real blue gems + 3 transports.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
Thanks! I have seen many people use them interchangeably, but in the first quote above, the rules make a distinction between minerals (cards) and gems (icons on mineral cards).

We have been playing right, but I didn’t like the unresolved ambiguity in terminology.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.