Lords of Waterdeep» Forums » General

Subject: Weirdest thing ever (iOS version) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Lawson
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I started playing the iOs version I had seen strange decisions made by AI, but today I saw strangest thing ever:
Gray Hands has the Ambassador at the beginning of round 8. He moves it to the 1st space of the Waterdeep Harbor and plays ... Bribe Agent! There seems nothing bribable around, so he decides to bribe ... his own Ambassador! Only to pay 2 gold coins and play ... Information Broker.
First of all, what's wrong with the AI? Should I return my iPad to Apple and ask for a smartet version?
And then, how could he even do this, Bribe Agent allows you to use "other player's agent", not your own Ambassador. Meh! That was weird. surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Once the ambassador is on the board, it is treated as an opponent's agent (the FAQ says it is in the rules in one of the questions).

But strange choises .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
ceridan13 wrote:
Should I return my iPad to Apple and ask for a smartet version?

Aask them if they could install Android instead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emperors Grace
United States
Rexford
New York
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;The old that is strong does not wither,Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
mbmbmbmbmb
Randor20 wrote:
Once the ambassador is on the board, it is treated as an opponent's agent (the FAQ says it is in the rules in one of the questions).

But strange choises .

There are quests that reward intrigue play, IIRC.

Did he have one of those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Lords of Waterdeep (iOS)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lawson
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randor20 wrote:

But strange choises .

Thak you, I missed that part of the FAQ! I wonder what was the reason behind this rule...

Emperors Grace wrote:

There are quests that reward intrigue play, IIRC.

Did he have one of those?

nope

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The AI might be coded to look for the greatest number of intrigue card play. Different AI style is hard-coded in the programme, as long as the play follows the rules, it is not unusual to see such thing happen. I don't feel there is any wrong in that choice. He can have three more intrigue cards and he uses up one space in the harbor. This is a valid and aggressive strategy especially as you are in the final round (round 8) and the AI sees that you have many intrigue cards at hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The AI programming has nothing to do with the device you are using, the coding is entirely within the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The weirdest thing ever is that this is considered a videogame and posted in VGG!

Great game though, I love the actual tabletop version!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.