Dann May
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hi! Pleased to meet you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any recommendations for games that have crafting and a bit of building? Maybe even some exploring? goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Ireland
Derry
flag msg tools
badge
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Galaxy Trucker? At least it has building, and then you basically try to not get destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamien Omen
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Caverna: The Cave Farmers is the closest thing I could think of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Boshell
United States
Haleyville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caverna, Agricola, Robinson Crusoe - all of these have survival, forage and crafting/building elements like Minecraft. Robinson Crusoe also has the Explore and Outside threat aspects(Wild Animals/humandoids) like survival minecraft.

The only thing is these are not light weight games, all have a bit of a learning curve but are very enjoyable and flexable once you learn their systems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ackerman
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The War Against Giygas!
badge
You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!
mbmbmbmbmb
islanddoc wrote:
Caverna, Agricola, Robinson Crusoe - all of these have survival, forage and crafting/building elements like Minecraft. Robinson Crusoe also has the Explore and Outside threat aspects(Wild Animals/humandoids) like survival minecraft.

The only thing is these are not light weight games, all have a bit of a learning curve but are very enjoyable and flexable once you learn their systems.

This is exactly what I was goin to say. Robinson Crusoe is easily my favorite of the bunch, and captures what I loved most about Minecraft/Terraria style games. However, I do enjoy Terraria and Starbound more than Minecraft since they focus quite a bit more on creating interesting tools for combat. I've always felt the exploration was more fun since there were treasure chests to find. They usually give you some really awesome tools that made traveling and mining progressionally easier and more fun!

Agricola and Caverna is more focused building, which is Minecrsfts strength.

Robinson Crusoe is more about building tools to try and survive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.