Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Masspequa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished watching the first episode of "Turn", the series about the Culper Spy Ring. I really enjoyed it and looking forward to the next show.

The ring was based here on Long Island so I knew the basics about the Ring but recently became more interested and started looking for information. I was shocked to learn that the ring only became common knowledge in the 1930s and prior to that time the identities of the patriots where not known because the names in the documents were not real names. Historian Morton Pennypacker found some old documents in a trunk, he compared the handwriting to letters in the George Washington collection and identified one of the members, Robert Townsend.

The series is being shown on the AMC channel in my area, pretty interesting and entertaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Koskey
United States
Kahului
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This is going to be a great series for sure. I really enjoyed the first episode and saved it on my DVR. I came home to find my wife watching the show. She was mesmerized as well.

I do not know much about this "ring" but this show has peaked that interest.

So the inevitable question.........is there a "war" game based around this "ring"...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barber
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got to work as an extra on this series while filming in the Richmond area. All I have to say is.....a lot of it takes place in cold weather!! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.