Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried this game and I loved it! And since I've come into some money I was thinking to get a second core set.
But I started looking through the disks and was very frustrated, since a second core set would only bring so many good disks and a lot of less useful ones: 3 more marienburg sordsmen and 3 more kurgan marauders T_T

Also some disks that I really love would come only in one more copy: ellyrian riders, bright wizard, stonefangz shaman, maidenguard and the hellstriders...

I really miss the secondary market...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally I would agree. I am against there being 1 copy of some cards (and 3 of others) as it happens in many LCGs.

How would you do it in this case? The space for large disks is highly limited. Each extra copy of the 1xDisks (say, Bright Wizard) would mean you have to remove a common Disk (do you want less than 3 swordsmen?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MechaBri Zilla
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Now I want to try a swarm army of small cheap disks to see exactly how bad it is to have all those extras...

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MechaBri Zilla
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thegrinder wrote:
I tried this game and I loved it! And since I've come into some money I was thinking to get a second core set.
But I started looking through the disks and was very frustrated, since a second core set would only bring so many good disks and a lot of less useful ones: 3 more marienburg sordsmen and 3 more kurgan marauders T_T

Also some disks that I really love would come only in one more copy: ellyrian riders, bright wizard, stonefangz shaman, maidenguard and the hellstriders...

I really miss the secondary market...

Oh, by the way, I just did a quick search on ebay, and it looks like you can get single regiments from the core set for about 9usd. Not sure what it's like in euros. Anyway, you might look there and see if you can find single disks, or at least cherry pick the regiments that you want the multiples from.

Edit: Just did a little more looking on eBay, and you can definitely find single disks for sale there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
Normally I would agree. I am against there being 1 copy of some cards (and 3 of others) as it happens in many LCGs.

How would you do it in this case? The space for large disks is highly limited. Each extra copy of the 1xDisks (say, Bright Wizard) would mean you have to remove a common Disk (do you want less than 3 swordsmen?)

I don't like that practice either, but in this instance I wasn't trying to say that FFG should have structured the core set in a different way, I was just expressing my frustration for the lack of secondary market...

Quote:
Edit: Just did a little more looking on eBay, and you can definitely find single disks for sale there.

That doesn't seem to be the case... I saw single race "reinforcement packs" and "second player kits" but I found no single disks.

I'm afraid I'll have to give up and get a second core set, it's still better to have 2 Ellyrian riders and Sun Dragons than just one of each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.