Subject: 2 player variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking of purchasing this game and want to know if there is any viable 2 player variant.? Or, maybe even a third "blind" player. Like I said I do not know very much about this game but I have heard really good things about it.
Thanks
EDIT: Had to edit here because I am actually posting about Viking Fury, which is available on the Ragnar Brothers site, just so there is no confusion to which game I am referring to. I am pretty sure they're (Fire and Axe and Viking Fury) pretty close in similarities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know of any 2 player variants for this game. Game plays OK with 3 players, but really shines with 4 or 5 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I played it for the first time ever last night and we only had 2 players. We each took two vikings and played them as separate players. Went pretty well and helped learn the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just play rules as written, one viking each. Remove a few cards from the deck to shorten the game, that's it.

The scoring rules provide all the tension we need, as we often take over a city from the other person to try and win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
We just play rules as written, one viking each. Remove a few cards from the deck to shorten the game, that's it.

The scoring rules provide all the tension we need, as we often take over a city from the other person to try and win.

Did the same and had a blast. Obviously more people = more drama, with more competition for the same resources and locations. But 2 was really fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Crowther
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another idea is to remove one of the countries from the saga decks. I usually remove Sweden. (If you love Sweden then you could remove Norway or Denmark of course). Then play ignoring the east sea entirely including the Sweden home port. This limits the game to a narrower scope. This doesn't replace a 3-5 player experience but the game is still very enjoyable. Let me know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.