Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erikk Joseph
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
I posted this in another thread, but for the sake of visability and with a bit of light editing for clarity:

I read that the base set of SDE comes with 2 sets of kobolds but only 1 set of dragons. Does that mean that I would need to buy Dragon's Clutch to get a complete starting set?

Then comes Caverns of Roxor, Fire Denizens, and Rock Top Gang to make 2 sets of each of those minion sets.

Afterwards you have Von Drakk Manor but no "mini" expansions to get 2 sets of those minions and buying 2 would leave you with an extra hero.

Forgotten King KS however comes with a second set of Pumpkin Patch but not the other minions from the Von Drakk Manor expansion. So if you get FK then you would have 2 sets of Pumpkin Patch and only a single set of "Graveyard Guys"?

Now we are getting Warbands that each come with a hero but only a single set of monsters.

ANYWAYS, what does a "complete" set look like to you guys?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
ace0snipe wrote:
ANYWAYS, what does a "complete" set look like to you guys?

Each "set" of a monster corresponds to 1 spawn point for that monster, the amount of spawn points varies with the amount of heroes.

Super Dungeon Explore comes as a complete starting set right out of the box.

The only reason you would need multiples of the same minion set is if you wanted to not mix them up. (a.k.a. have a more consistent playthrough such as all drake's or all kobold's with the dragon boss, though both make sense working together with Starfire)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my response from that thread:

jonahmaul wrote:
I would say a complete set would be Base Game, Caverns of Roxor, Von Drak Manor and then the individual heroes/mini-bossesthem which are Succubus Vandella, Herald of Vulcanis, Captain R, Kaelly the Nether Strider, Nyan Nyan and Candy & Cola.

The Rock Top Gang and Fireflow Denizens are optional imo. If you wanted to play 5 hero games completely with Caverns stuff then you would need Rock Top/Fireflow. They also come with unique treasure cards but I think we're likely to get these with the new sets coming with Forgotten King. If you absolutely have to have everything then you might get them but I don't think it's essential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.