Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Breault
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Hello!
I wanted to post up the Rule Book I have been working on for Hoarders. Hoarders plays on an 18x18 board where one player is a group of 7 Dwarves and the other player is a Mountain Troll. The idea is that the Dwarves have to take back treasure from the Troll that 'stole' it long ago. The Dwarves have plleeennnty of gold and treasure, but they just want more. There are Basic and Advanced rules and Hoarders takes about 20-30 minutes to play.

I've been working on Hoarders since July 2013. I realize that moving the feet for the Troll can be confusing but I plan to have a lot more images explaining their movement. This is still a work in progress.

HOARDERS: THE RULE BOOK

Link to Hoarders on BGG
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/156381/hoarders

I appreciate any feedback! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw, what a disappointingly deceptive title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corsaire
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
Aw, what a disappointingly deceptive title.

Yea, me too. Now, dangit, my brain is trying to design a game about hoarders that ends when someone is raided by the public safety dept.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Breault
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
There are no dead cats in this Hoarders lair! Uh, well, buh...there are other skeletons, and you have to step over or on things, like Dwarves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't read through the rule book yet, though at first glance the rules are quite short, so they should be an easy read when I get to it. One thing I did notice from the quick look, is that the Objective/Back-Story of the game should be added to the top of the rules, after the component list and before the Setup, so players know what the whole point of the game is.

I really like the idea of the game. It has a nice dark humor element to it, which I find appealing, and the concept feels quite original. The visuals are great too: cool cover art, and very detailed sculpts for the minis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Breault
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Very true. We do need to add a quick blurb about the goals and motivation at the game at the beginning. Thanks for your comments and we are glad you like Hoarders!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Breault
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Version 02 of the rules are up! We've reworked them quite a bit. whistle

click the image in the first post, or this link for the rulebook:

HOARDERS: THE RULE BOOK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The visuals are looking better and better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.