20 Posts

Lost Valley: The Yukon Goldrush 1896» Forums » General

Subject: KS Update #35 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
This just arrived:

"Project Update #35: Announcing Lost Valley: The Yukon Mini-Expansion! Free to backers!
Posted by Pandasaurus Games

So, I've been promising a surprise for the last few days, and I'm very happy to announce that we've worked everything out with our printer and will be delivering a mini-expansion for Lost Valley.

Roland and I had been planning a few little add-ons for a a while and this is a very small token of our appreciation to y'all for supporting us, for your continued patience while the game was made ready and for your continued support as we move forward with the game.

The mini-expansion is going to include 2 new triangle pieces to be incorporated into the game as well as 3 new skills to be mixed in with the rest of them.

These are the Squirrel Hunter that lets you hunt next to an animal trap even if there are no animals present (but you don't get a fur as no one wants to buy your squirrel pelt), an expert miner that makes it a bit easier to build a mine and a well builder which lets you find a water source in the middle of the wasteland so you can more easily get water to river gold.

For the new triangular pieces we have "treasure hill" which adds a fun wrinkle to the buried treasure mechanic and the "workshop" that lets you switch out your earned skills with new ones.

Most critically it will also include correctly punched versions of the two mis-punched triangles from the game, and corrected versions of the two diamonds that were printed with exclamation points instead of question marks.

Best of all these are going to be produced quickly and will be airlifted to our warehouse so we should be able to start delivering these to backers in the next few weeks if we don't have any hicups. Canadian and International backers will be getting these along-side their copies as we are getting them all "amazon ready" so that we can ship them out via the same process as your base game.

We want to apologize for the errors that made it through (some were our fault, some were not but that doesn't and shouldn't really matter to y'all since you just want to play your game), and thank you for sticking by us while we sort these issues out.

We have also had a couple of errata pop up in the rule book and a few clarification requests on some rules. I am going to have a couple of solutions to this problem. First, I will be making a new corrected digital rule book that you can download and print. I will also be creating an FAQ that can be printed and slipped into your existing rule book and lastly I will be creating a page that can be printed onto standard label sheets and stickered onto the existing rule book to correct the rulebook as it stands (or make certain rules clearer). These will be coming over the next week (errata sheet first, rulebook second, paste ups last)

Lastly, we've seen your questions regarding the count of the horse and canoe meeples. We wanted to include some extra guys in the expansion pack for backers only, but the wood sourcing is going to hold stuff up way too long (30 days minimum) so we won't be doing that because we want to get these out to you ASAP. That said, we are looking into solutions for this those who want enough to use in a 6 player game and will get those out to you down the road.

We're super excited about Lost Valley and we know a lot of you are already playing and enjoying the game, so please keep at it and let us know if you have any questions about the game and we hope everyone enjoys the game!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb

Hopefully this comes through, but here is the image of the update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope my copy of the game arrives before this update... whistle

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you get your tracking number yet?

There are literally 8 copies that haven't shipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So awesome!!! I am a happy backer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stooge wrote:
Did you get your tracking number yet?

There are literally 8 copies that haven't shipped.

Yes, but it isn't working...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Martin
Canada
Mississauga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I must be one of those eight because I didn't get one yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
4Corners wrote:
Well I must be one of those eight because I didn't get one yet...

Josh,

Canada isn't shipping yet. These are part of a separate shipment to Amazon.ca

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Mayes
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done Nathan!! You've out done yourself. I have been along for all 3 kickstarters and I'll say this: There's been some missteps, but you seem to continue to make strides and quite honestly, I'm very happy with the games I've received. They all look beautiful and I thank you for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic news! Add me to the list of folks who would like additional horse/boat meeples please.

I held my breath and cut the fused triangle pieces with an exacto knife. It actually turned out quite well. Definitely an interim solution for folks who can't wait for the replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Olson
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
What's got Billy so spooked?
badge
Beware the Jabberwock my son!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a plan for these replacement parts for the folks who didn't kickstart this and instead purchase from retail?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kcrash5 wrote:
Well done Nathan!! You've out done yourself. I have been along for all 3 kickstarters and I'll say this: There's been some missteps, but you seem to continue to make strides and quite honestly, I'm very happy with the games I've received. They all look beautiful and I thank you for that.

I'll second that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Eye
United States
flag msg tools
D6 dead ahead Captain!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nathan,

Thanks for this unexpected bonus. I received and punched my copy yesterday. I'm hoping to get it to the table tonight. My son has been most eager to play, and I'm expecting good things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the game and I'm going to punch it tonight. Hopefully I can get it on the table tomorrow for my birthday!!!!

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quint Wheeler
United States
North Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
Q
badge
Q
mbmbmbmbmb
olsonjj25 wrote:
Is there a plan for these replacement parts for the folks who didn't kickstart this and instead purchase from retail?

I'd like an answer to this as well. I have the game pre-ordered, but I would definitely want the fixed tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is fantastic! I cut the uncut tiles with a hobby knife. Came out perfect and we used them today. Its really fun to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TurquoiseKnight wrote:
The game is fantastic! I cut the uncut tiles with a hobby knife. Came out perfect and we used them today. Its really fun to play!

I did the same, came out almost indistinguishable from the others, hoping it hits the table this week

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Sheridan
Canada
Maple Ridge
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qwheeler wrote:
olsonjj25 wrote:

I'd like an answer to this as well. I have the game pre-ordered, but I would definitely want the fixed tiles.

Me too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
qwheeler wrote:
olsonjj25 wrote:

Yep, we're talking to distribution now about the best way to get those to customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Johnson
United States
Pleasant Hill
IA
flag msg tools
Any update on when backers will be getting the expansion (fixed tiles)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.