Michael S
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit..."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is my first play of this game and I have to be honest I thought I had everything under control for most of the game...

Wow did things get out of control fast with 5 plus in each red location and then the bosses giving you a -1 on your rolls the swarms are just mowing through marines like its nothing.

Im interested what is the most that some of you have seen in one swarm because due to movement and flanking and losing guys I ended up with 17+ in one location with BOTH bosses. Is this even possible or did I do something wrong.

Great game looking forward to "playing" (getting my butt handed to me) again soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
No. No, that all sounds about right. Welcome to Death Angel. It is a game that is extraordinarily satisfying to win
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DA is a hard game. For begining, if you play solo with 3 teams, try do not use green and red teams, this teams is hard to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
Daimond wrote:
DA is a hard game. For begining, if you play solo with 3 teams, try do not use green and red teams, this teams is hard to play.

Ok, I'll admit the green team takes a different approach from the other teams to get the best of them, but they still rock. The green attack increases their chances of slaying at least one Genestealer from 50% to 66% (with a 16% chance of slaying 3 GS), their move and activate allows for additional attacks and their support card means Gideon has a 50% chance of surviving an attack from any number of genestealers. 17+ GS with both bosses? Pah, bring it...

As for the Reds, Full Auto allows Brother Leon to attack up to 3 times. Attack is the key word, it means you get to use support tokens to reroll them if needed. Their move and activate is fantastic for stripping GS from the party when you move (provided the location had a door which admittedly makes it a bit situational), and they get a cheeky little attack from their support action.

Seriously, what do you want from a team? They're only human superhuman The Emperor's Finest after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True_Dave wrote:
Daimond wrote:

Ok, I'll admit the green team takes a different approach from the other teams to get the best of them, but they still rock. The green attack increases their chances of slaying at least one Genestealer from 50% to 66% (with a 16% chance of slaying 3 GS), their move and activate allows for additional attacks and their support card means Gideon has a 50% chance of surviving an attack from any number of genestealers. 17+ GS with both bosses? Pah, bring it...

As for the Reds, Full Auto allows Brother Leon to attack up to 3 times. Attack is the key word, it means you get to use support tokens to reroll them if needed. Their move and activate is fantastic for stripping GS from the party when you move (provided the location had a door which admittedly makes it a bit situational), and they get a cheeky little attack from their support action.

Seriously, what do you want from a team? They're only human superhuman The Emperor's Finest after all.

I don't said that red and green team is bad, they just harder to play and requires more skill then other teams. Just not for beginners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael S
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit..."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:

I have really been loving the grey squad with the "if you roll a skull continue attacking" combined with support token re rolls you can get some nice chains going with a little luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
Daimond wrote:
I don't said that red and green team is bad, they just harder to play and requires more skill then other teams. Just not for beginners.

Yeah, I get that. Sorry if my comments came across as me having a go at you, that was not my intention. I just wanted to provide an alternative viewpoint to these teams. I've taught this game to people and they've gone away, looked on the forums, and the next time we play and the green team comes up they pretty much give up because they've only read negative comments about them. I've known a few players to just remove them altogether which I think is a shame as they really are a good team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.