Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

The Red Dragon Inn 4» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can remy mark and attack with sometimes in the same action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michael ray
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I was playing someone else, and played a 2 fortitude damage card on remy.

His response was to, 1: play a sometimes card that 'marks' me with his eyes, immediately play another sometimes card that, where it deals fortitude damage back to the player who damaged him, and it did more damage if marked.

So, instead of the 2 from the 'strike back', it was 3, because I was 'marked' by the first sometimes card.

Does that seem correct? Or can you only play 1 sometimes card, or would both of their 'instant' affects not stack so it would only be 2 from the 'strike back'?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
squegeeboo wrote:
I was playing someone else, and played a 2 fortitude damage card on remy.

His response was to, 1: play a sometimes card that 'marks' me with his eyes, immediately play another sometimes card that, where it deals fortitude damage back to the player who damaged him, and it did more damage if marked.

So, instead of the 2 from the 'strike back', it was 3, because I was 'marked' by the first sometimes card.

Does that seem correct? Or can you only play 1 sometimes card, or would both of their 'instant' affects not stack so it would only be 2 from the 'strike back'?

You can definitely play multiple sometimes cards that trigger off the same thing, even if they're the same card.

My understanding is there's no reason why you couldn't mark the person first, then play the other card to hit them harder.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Waller
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nerman8r wrote:
squegeeboo wrote:
I was playing someone else, and played a 2 fortitude damage card on remy.

His response was to, 1: play a sometimes card that 'marks' me with his eyes, immediately play another sometimes card that, where it deals fortitude damage back to the player who damaged him, and it did more damage if marked.

So, instead of the 2 from the 'strike back', it was 3, because I was 'marked' by the first sometimes card.

Does that seem correct? Or can you only play 1 sometimes card, or would both of their 'instant' affects not stack so it would only be 2 from the 'strike back'?

You can definitely play multiple sometimes cards that trigger off the same thing, even if they're the same card.

My understanding is there's no reason why you couldn't mark the person first, then play the other card to hit them harder.


Absolutely correct.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael ray
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the official ruling, the game mechanics make sense for it, but it seems thematically flawed.

If Remy just started watching me for whatever stupid thing I just did on board the ship, you would think their wouldn't be repercussions until the next stupid thing I've done.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
squegeeboo wrote:
Thanks for the official ruling, the game mechanics make sense for it, but it seems thematically flawed.

If Remy just started watching me for whatever stupid thing I just did on board the ship, you would think their wouldn't be repercussions until the next stupid thing I've done.
Remy can be harsh sometimes. One strike and you're out!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Waller
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nerman8r wrote:
squegeeboo wrote:
Thanks for the official ruling, the game mechanics make sense for it, but it seems thematically flawed.

If Remy just started watching me for whatever stupid thing I just did on board the ship, you would think their wouldn't be repercussions until the next stupid thing I've done.
Remy can be harsh sometimes. One strike and you're out!


Remy also is a firm believer in preemptive counter measures.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.