Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Hammen
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was lucky enough to demo several games this year at Tabletop Day in Seattle, right along the water. For Sale was the final game played.
This was a 5 player game. It is one of my favorite 'filler' games, and it was very well received by the others in the game.

After going over the game and explaining both phases off the game, we were off and running. The first two rounds in the first phase were all mid-range cards, with no one spending too much for any one card. The next round was were things got interesting. On the table dropped 4-5-17-22-30. Player 1 wound up winning the 30, but at a huge cost, having no money left over. Of course he got the lowest cards in the last three rounds, and those cards were 2, 3, and 4. OUCH!

During the second phase of the game, Player one was able to get one of the 15K cards, but was never able to get much more than that. He finished with 33K, the lowest he had scored in a game of For Sale. The winner had managed $60k, a very nice score in a 5 player game. They were able to get double digit thousand cards in every round during the second phase.

For Sale is a great game for anyone's collection. A great way to wrap up the first half of my Tabletop Day. I soon packed up and headed back to Olympia, for some gaming at my local gaming store, Olympic Cards and Comics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.