Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G Wintner
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any plans to release a "big box" version of Quarriors that will have many or all of the expansions included, for people who are new to the game and just want to buy everything at once?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question, but I don't feel Quarriors was successful enough for a big-box market to have developed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Wintner
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:
Interesting question, but I don't feel Quarriors was successful enough for a big-box market to have developed.

That's interesting, I was under the impression that it was pretty successful - I wouldn't think that an unsuccessful game could generate so many expansions and a solid iOS implementation ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The people who made the game successful already have it and wouldn't need the big box. I don't know if there's enough new market to merit one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gwintner wrote:
weishaupt wrote:

That's interesting, I was under the impression that it was pretty successful - I wouldn't think that an unsuccessful game could generate so many expansions and a solid iOS implementation ...

To be fair, the iOS version is not that good, and the game has had four expansions. Which I guess isn't bad, but it's far from the smash hit that an award-winning game like Carcassonne or Alhambra was -- both of which spawned big-box editions.

I guess it's like Chris says: is there a big enough market (i.e. people who haven't bought the game yet and would be ready to part with a big chunk of cash) for a big-box edition of Quarriors?
I doubt it.

I find the game fun, and so do a few of my coworkers. So we catch the occasional lunch-break game here and there. But I don't know any Quarriors fanatics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the IOS version is very good. It is better than several board game translations I've seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zelasco
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:
gwintner wrote:
weishaupt wrote:

To be fair, the iOS version is not that good, and the game has had four expansions. Which I guess isn't bad, but it's far from the smash hit that an award-winning game like Carcassonne or Alhambra was -- both of which spawned big-box editions.

I guess it's like Chris says: is there a big enough market (i.e. people who haven't bought the game yet and would be ready to part with a big chunk of cash) for a big-box edition of Quarriors?
I doubt it.

I find the game fun, and so do a few of my coworkers. So we catch the occasional lunch-break game here and there. But I don't know any Quarriors fanatics.

Well, a reprint of Quarriors! Rise of the Demons would be good then. It's extremely difficult to find a copy of this expansion.

Alternatively, you could test it out on Kickstarter, to see if there is interest in a big box version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AmanuJaku wrote:

Well, a reprint of Quarriors! Rise of the Demons would be good then. It's extremely difficult to find a copy of this expansion.

I wouldn't bother. It's the worst expansion and plays with others even worse than the other expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reigns
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
AmanuJaku wrote:

I wouldn't bother. It's the worst expansion and plays with others even worse than the other expansions.

Really the problem with the expansion is lack of support in future expansions. I like RotD with custom corrupted cards from other sets that get Corrupted Quiddity out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.